Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5712 (Lined Jacket)

Reviewed by:Maree P

About Maree Pstarstarstar
Member since: 1/20/09
Posted on:10/23/09 6:56 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
rozzybabe said... (12/12/09 3:32 PM) Reply
You did a beautiful job! Don't know if this will be of any help, but for well priced, vintage patterns you could try etsy online. The site has multitudes of wonderful, sewing related items. As for lining, I don't think many would disagree that Bemburg lining is superb. Not sure of what's available where you live, but you should be able to get it at any reputable online fabric site. Good luck.
yorkshire lass said... (10/26/09 7:07 AM) Reply
Very nice. I love peplum jackets too, they are so flattering and this one looks wonderful on you. Very, very chic.
Catbird said... (10/24/09 2:37 PM) Reply
I like the silhouette of this jacket with the slim skirt. Nice choice!
Jolet said... (10/24/09 1:17 PM) Reply
I love the result. Stylish jacket made in excellent material.
chicaem29 said... (10/24/09 10:08 AM) Reply
Beautiful. I love your fabric.
cmarie12 said... (10/24/09 8:54 AM) Reply
Beautiful suit and I agree with Twisted Angel - I wouldn't have recognized that wonderful suit from the pattern envelope!
twistedangel said... (10/23/09 3:05 PM) Reply
Your version looks much better than the pattern photo ;-)
CynthiaSue said... (10/23/09 12:38 PM) Reply
wow, from what I can see the jacket looks impeccabley tailored. The fabric choice is perfect!
lamstu said... (10/23/09 12:05 PM) Reply
Your jacket is wonderful. The fit is fantastic, and the workmanship looks good. The style really suits you. (Certainly, I was distracted from liking this pattern by the collar.)
marec said... (10/23/09 10:48 AM) Reply
Wow, you look so sharp in that jacket. Your version should be on the envelope-they would sell more of this pattern!
cindyann said... (10/23/09 10:17 AM) Reply
Very nice jacket!!
Re Becca said... (10/23/09 9:48 AM) Reply
That is really sharp. I don't care for the envelope, but your version is very chic. Try rayon Bemberg lining, I love the stuff.
DorothyK said... (10/23/09 9:37 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket. You did a great job.
halleyscomet said... (10/23/09 8:15 AM) Reply
I've got that pattern but haven't used it yet. I've got to now after seeing how amazing yours looks!
Lori V said... (10/23/09 7:55 AM) Reply
Wonderful jacket.
CTBarb said... (10/23/09 7:36 AM) Reply
Great jacket and great choice of fabric. is very chic!