Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1135 (Chado Ralph Rucci Dress)

Reviewed by:lizpalmer

Last Updated:11/1/09 12:28 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 27 people

Sweater knit fabrics

Gendun said... (1/13/13 3:26 PM) Reply
Gorgeous, and your work is wonderful, too. :) ! I would LOVE to see this dress on you! Pretty please?
DorothyK said... (11/3/10 11:57 AM) Reply
I just noticed this review and am so glad I did. What an amazing job! I will definitely rely on your notes if I ever attempt this pattern. Thank you for the excellent review.
AuntieShel said... (9/9/10 8:30 AM) Reply
OMG, thank you for this very detailed review of this pattern. I loved how you talked about the journey of making this dress and how you sewed slower at the end cuz you didn't want to journey to be over. I had not seen this when you reviewed it, was just checking now to see if it had been reviewed. This is a fabulous dress. Not sure it will be right for me, since I am two different sizes on top and bottom, but so want to try it out. Beautiful dress!! Wonderful review!!
Ann Smith said... (8/20/10 3:50 PM) Reply
I just found this review of your incredible dress. I would love to make it but I'm a bit afraid because of all the alterations I need to make. You inspire me.
Karine said... (11/2/09 5:34 PM) Reply
Very impressive! You really did a beautiful job. I hope you love wearing your beautiful dress.
Margie T said... (11/2/09 5:32 PM) Reply
Stunning!
Erica B. said... (11/2/09 9:56 AM) Reply
You did a fabulous job on this dress!
fryman said... (11/2/09 9:31 AM) Reply
you brave soul, You! Terrific.
Michele19 said... (11/2/09 5:37 AM) Reply
Beautiful, congratulations on your achievment you've made a beautiful dress that looks so functional and comfortable that you will want to live in it! Thank you for the excellent and helpful review too!
Athene said... (11/2/09 0:13 AM) Reply
Lovely attention to detail and wonderful results. When I initially saw this pattern I didn't want to buy it as I had a somewhat similar vintage reproduction Vogue 1011 with a straight hem for wovens. But now after seeing your review I really want to buy this pattern for knits. Thank you for all the great photos showing your careful attention to detail.
celkalee said... (11/1/09 9:59 PM) Reply
stunning detail. I suspect the photo;s barely do it justice.
ALY said... (11/1/09 7:14 PM) Reply
Lovely dress from what I can see in your photos. I had the pattern and the fabric picked out, but hesitated to start this project until I had seen the dress on a real person in a non black color. What with the spiraling tucks and the belt also attached in an upward spiral, I was curious if it looked stange when worn.
Patti B said... (11/1/09 6:27 PM) Reply
I had just read Marcy Tilton's newsletter where she talks about this lovely dress -- and here it is. Beautiful sewing. Can't wait to see it on you too.
BillieJean said... (11/1/09 6:11 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful and what a challenge!
CarolynGM said... (11/1/09 5:31 PM) Reply
I love this pattern, so I'm thrilled to see someone make it and review it. It looks lovely in the pictures, but I can't wait to see it on you.
cmarie12 said... (11/1/09 5:29 PM) Reply
It is kewl to see this IRL. You did an amazing job on the dress! So glad the experience was a positive one for you!
lmg said... (11/1/09 4:22 PM) Reply
Wow! What a great dress and review. Looks very vintage and couture.
Auntie Allyn said... (11/1/09 4:11 PM) Reply
Bravo . . . a job VERY well done! I admire your tenaciousness in tackling such an ambitious project, and am very glad to see the beautiful end result!
DaisyEsq said... (11/1/09 4:02 PM) Reply
Congratulations on making such a beautiful and complex dress.
lizpalmer said... (11/1/09 3:57 PM) Reply
Thank you all - I promise I will make myself presentable enough to post some photos of me wearing the dress in the next few days.
Catbird said... (11/1/09 3:43 PM) Reply
This is an exceptional review and it was so much fun to journey with you through the making of this dress. You really got to me with the description of it as vintage-1940s-Madame Vionnet. I went straight to dreamland. My only gentle complaint is the same as the others who mentioned this: We'd love to see it on you! Something this unusual makes me wish to see it on a human form, so I hope you'll consider adding some new shots to this wonderful review. Thank you -- this was a joy to read.
Barbara V said... (11/1/09 2:48 PM) Reply
You are a very "adventurous seamstress"! Your dress is stunning and well constructed. Do enjoy wearing it! Great review too.
eugenia123 said... (11/1/09 2:20 PM) Reply
What an amazing dress! It was clearly a lot of work but definitely worth it. Your construction looks wonderful.
Kay Y said... (11/1/09 2:06 PM) Reply
I'm so interested to see this made up. Good work! I too would love a picture of you wearing it.
ElizabethDee said... (11/1/09 1:10 PM) Reply
such a treat to read your review and see your detailed pictures on your flickr page. beautiful pattern, beautiful work -- hope you enjoy wearing it even more than you enjoyed sewing it.
no7262 said... (11/1/09 1:07 PM) Reply
This is so beautiful! You did such a nice job! Nora :)
Rhoda K said... (11/1/09 12:22 PM) Reply
Wow - what a gorgeous dress! I admire your persistance in working your way through this. How about modeling it for us?

by: Lori V