Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8605

Review Rating: Helpful by 7 people    Very Helpful by 22 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Pants    Skirts

Other Projects by Barbara V using this Pattern

Barbara V said... (1/2/10 10:24 AM) Reply
kaaren, Yes, the front pieces were also cut on the bias. Thank you!
kaaren said... (1/1/10 3:42 PM) Reply
Great topper and like what the bias does. I have to get out my pattern to read it, but did you also get the front pieces on the bias also? Kaaren
Terri K said... (12/29/09 10:53 PM) Reply
Stunning jacket, outfit and model! I love what you've done with this pattern and thanks for a great review.
pammieh said... (12/25/09 2:09 PM) Reply
Adorable on you - what a classic look with great tailoring!
pammieh said... (12/25/09 2:09 PM) Reply
Adorable on you - what a classic look with great tailoring!
CarolynGM said... (12/3/09 7:59 AM) Reply
Wow to both the jacket and the fabric. It looks so elegant with your swingy skirt.
lilyofthevalley said... (11/28/09 1:51 AM) Reply
Truly exquisite, Barbara! Your whole wardrobe takes my breath away. How very beautiful you are! --Lily
Kay Y said... (11/27/09 8:42 PM) Reply
Let me add my congratulations on your new granddaughter, and on completing your wardrobe. Great pieces - you know your style and it shows!
davin said... (11/27/09 2:20 PM) Reply
Thanks, I have this very pattern. But my proposed fabric doesn't have as good a reverse side. Glad to see this IRL.
cmarie12 said... (11/25/09 5:03 PM) Reply
I love the different details you brought to this! I will be copying some of these details if you don't mind!!! Oh and this is spectacular on you!!!
Barbara V said... (11/20/09 6:19 PM) Reply
Nujoi1908, the skirt is Burda 8407. I've added a link above to my previous review of it. Thank you!
Nujoi1908 said... (11/20/09 2:55 PM) Reply
Looks great!! And would that skirt happen to be Burda 8269? I think we have similar tastes.
Annette1 said... (11/19/09 4:02 PM) Reply
Well, FIRST of all, CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your new little grandbaby. Just think of the MANY YEARS of joy that lie ahead of you. :o) Now as for this lovely coat, it's a work of art, absolutely beautiful in every respect, and so well thought out. I LOVE that you've cut the back on the bias. It hangs SO nicely! :o)
Secretsugar said... (11/19/09 11:51 AM) Reply
This is an unexpectedly elegant jacket, and it looks fabulous on you!
callmeRuth said... (11/19/09 11:41 AM) Reply
You are gorgeous!!!!
cindyann said... (11/19/09 8:08 AM) Reply
Just lovely! You are rocking your new, elegant wardrobe. Congratulations on the new grandaughter.
Karine said... (11/19/09 8:01 AM) Reply
Congratulations on completing your wardrobe! Your jacket is beautiful on you. Much more attractive than the pattern illustration. I like your modifications - thanks for the tips.
Rebecca D said... (11/19/09 6:44 AM) Reply
All your entries have been beautiful. I love this coat and just happen to already own this pattern. Your treatment on the pocket is very nice. Congrats on the grandbaby.
SpinningJenny said... (11/19/09 4:33 AM) Reply
Elegant and stunning - just like every garment you make Barbara. And what a great idea to use a bias cut. A very chic finish to your wardrobe!
Margie T said... (11/19/09 1:41 AM) Reply
What a great wardrobe! I am jealous. Congratulations on the new granddaughter. Enjoy!
Athene said... (11/18/09 10:49 PM) Reply
You look fabulous in your wonderful new jacket. And so very clever to cut it on the bias - it does drape beautifully - really makes me want to get the pattern.
Em's Summer said... (11/18/09 10:17 PM) Reply
You look great in that beautiful ensemble!!!
Erin D said... (11/18/09 10:03 PM) Reply
It's very pretty and so on-trend right now. Lovely!
lamstu said... (11/18/09 7:52 PM) Reply
First of all - how can you be a grandma? Second, love the coat. The V envelope version looks so matronly and drab, but yours is ooh-la-la luscious. Fantastic fabric! And great styling with the coordinating pieces. It makes me look again in the mirror before I go out today :)
okie2thdoc said... (11/18/09 7:50 PM) Reply
You sure know how to make things that look great on you! The colors you chose for your wardrobe are definitely in your color group. Thanks for the review.
annie11 said... (11/18/09 6:50 PM) Reply
What a completely gorgeous ensemble you've put together! Thanks for reviewing this pattern- I've been considering it, and will probably try it out thanks to your version. Congrats on being a new grandmother!
jewelea said... (11/18/09 6:23 PM) Reply
I haven't spent much time browsing the Pattern Review site for the past couple of years, so after this dashing jacket caught my eye, I had an appreciative look at all the garments you've reviewed. You do have a unique sense of style which you've expressed so beautifully in your creations, including this one.
Amanda S. said... (11/18/09 6:00 PM) Reply
What a beautiful ending to your very classy wardrobe. Every piece is distinctively you. Great job!
janlorraine said... (11/18/09 5:53 PM) Reply
Very chic!
sew2little said... (11/18/09 5:30 PM) Reply
You are one stylin' granny! Barbara, this is beautiful, and your decision to cut it on the bias is inspired (as usual). And now I am thinking of copying with you with a piece of fabric I have been hoarding. Congratulations on finishing your beautiful wardrobe and on the new baby girl! Marci
Rhoda K said... (11/18/09 3:10 PM) Reply
Love your coat - very chic. The fabric is great as well. Congrats on the new granddaughter, too. Don't spoil her too much. ;-)
Barbara V said... (11/18/09 3:09 PM) Reply
Wow, thank you everyone for your kind comments! stretchqueen, I think a long sleeve adjustment for this jacket would look fine. I look forward to seeing your version!
renren said... (11/18/09 3:06 PM) Reply
Oh, my gosh, that is just tres chic, and I especially love that back view with the bias cut back for a little extra swing. Congrats on the new baby, too. When wearing your new fabulous wardrobe--and in case you have not been around babies in awhile--don't forget they sometimes burp . . . a little messily.
Lori V said... (11/18/09 2:45 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat. Double congratulations on the granddaughter and finishing your last wardrobe piece.
stretch queen said... (11/18/09 2:33 PM) Reply
I love the clothes you sew for yourself. You are an inspiration. I often find I like many of the same things. I have had my eye on this coat but shied away from it because in Canada I need long sleeves. Do you think lover sleeves would ruin the lines of the this coat?? Thanks for a great review.
AuntieShel said... (11/18/09 1:51 PM) Reply
Barbara, congratulations on your new granddaughter--and completing your wardrobe. Have not seen the rest of it (yet) but this outfit is truly spectacular. What a good idea to cut the jacket on the bias. The fabric is phenomenal. The whole outfit is phenomenal. Can't wait to see the rest of it...gotta go now...
Christas said... (11/18/09 1:03 PM) Reply
Your jacket is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l !!! It compliments your wardrobe perfectly. Enjoy your new granddaughter! Congrats!
lovenicky said... (11/18/09 12:52 PM) Reply
Congrats on your baby granddaughter! What a beautiful jacket. I love your fabric and the design changes you have made!
carolynw said... (11/18/09 12:33 PM) Reply
I love this - but then I love everything you sew - always elegant and so fashion forward! I am green with envy!! Congrats on the new baby girl - enjoy!!
Aixoise said... (11/18/09 12:29 PM) Reply
You are the most stylish woman! Your jacket is just perfect, from the fit and drape to that most excellent button. Now that your wardrobe is complete, revel in your new granddaughter.
Twinset said... (11/18/09 12:08 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat, very flattering! You are such an elegant woman, your grand daughter will have the most beautiful grand mother in town!!!
Ann Smith said... (11/18/09 11:51 AM) Reply
What a fantastic wardrobe you have created. I love all the pieces individually and together they are gorgeous. Congratulations!
busymomof3 said... (11/18/09 11:34 AM) Reply
Oh yeah, way to finish it all on time!
LollyVee said... (11/18/09 11:32 AM) Reply
Barbara this is a stunning stunning jacket to complete a fabulous wardrobe. Congratulations on a job well done and on the arrival of your granddaughter!
moushka said... (11/18/09 10:53 AM) Reply
Fabulous jacket! Your whole wardrobe is smashing and elegant in colours that suit you perfectly. Wonderful work.
Enid E said... (11/18/09 10:51 AM) Reply
I have really enjoyed your wardrobe contest journey. All your pieces are so complimentary to style, fabric and fit! AND, you are a wonderful model.. I am sure your new grandaughter will enjoy Grandmas wonderful sewing abilities .. Congratulations on your wardrobe and your new grandbaby!
Fran S said... (11/18/09 10:37 AM) Reply
Your whole wardrobe is wonderful. It is so stylish and the colors complement you so well. It is truly perfect!
DorothyK said... (11/18/09 10:28 AM) Reply
Your new granddaughter has one, cool grandma. I would throw out all my clothes and survive wonderfully just with the pieces you made for this wardrobe contest. This jacket is the icing on the cake. The fabric is wonderful, and I like the changes you made to the pattern. I love the way you matched the fabric for the pocket. This is the perfect piece to complement the rest of the wardrobe, and it looks so comfy, too.
busymomof3 said... (11/18/09 10:21 AM) Reply
Congrats on the granddaughter!! You look fabulous!!! I love everything about it!!
digs57 said... (11/18/09 9:48 AM) Reply
What a Beeyuutiful outfit!!!!! You look perfect. The jacket is divine, as so's everything else from the tip of your head to the bottoms of the heels. Congrats!