Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics
Burda 7018 - Denim Jacket.">Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5048 (Men's Pants)

Reviewed by:Peter in NYC

About Peter in NYCstarstarstarstar
USA
Member since: 6/9/09
Posted on:11/4/09 10:09 AM
Last Updated:11/6/09 3:17 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
Nancy Anne said... (11/16/09 9:52 AM) Reply
It's a rather riotous outfit that somehow works. Here in Texas you'd definitely want to wear the pieces separate, but it sounds like they will work together where you like. OUTSTANDING execution of both pieces- You always do such stunning work!
fourkid said... (11/13/09 9:10 AM) Reply
Love the suit - you can really carry that off so well - I think it is your lovely spirit.
Annette1 said... (11/7/09 10:16 PM) Reply
Now that's what I call a GUTSY suit. I love it! :o)
Heidi Ho said... (11/7/09 9:45 AM) Reply
Wild!
voet said... (11/7/09 7:35 AM) Reply
Another great job, Peter. I disagree about wearing the jacket and pants together--unless, of course, you draw your fashion inspiration from the octogenarian cruiseship crowd. However, separately they are great. I'm just sayin',,,
LollyVee said... (11/7/09 0:23 AM) Reply
Pete, that 'suit' is a great fit! You have to wear it together! Elton John would love that suit...if only he had your Bod!!
lucylal said... (11/6/09 11:23 PM) Reply
I agree, pants and jacket together. Your friends won't lose you!!!! They look ace!
knitmachinequeen said... (11/6/09 9:43 PM) Reply
Peter I think you should wear the pants and jacket together...it's fabulous and so you!
elainemay said... (11/6/09 5:32 PM) Reply
Great pants, great fit! I'm jealous that you found warp-print fabric... I'm always looking for it and can never find it.
Tiner W said... (11/6/09 4:28 PM) Reply
I like that jacket a lot. I'd love a trench coat from this fabric!
Raye Ann said... (11/6/09 0:09 AM) Reply
great job, Peter! i love the floral pants. the jeans styling really works for the scale of the print. love it with the sneaks and leather. absolutely fun and fabulous!
TracyB said... (11/5/09 5:22 PM) Reply
Your photo stories are the best. My dogs also like to get on my fabric while I'm trying to cut it out. But they are much bigger and worse than gratuitous; they can be downright discouraging!
Peter in NYC said... (11/5/09 9:27 AM) Reply
THERE'S the word I was thinking of: avant garde. Sounds so much better than wacky. (ha ha) Thank's for the comments everybody and yes, provided it doesn't rain, I will wear them to PR dsy in NYC on Saturday. That or the little black dress!
Nancy K said... (11/5/09 8:31 AM) Reply
I am assuming that this is a vintage pattern and the nightgown showed up for that number! Great pants and buying something that avant garde for men would be cost prohibitive for most people. The fit is first rate too. Great job. Hope you wear them on Saturday; I think that you said you were coming to PR day?
mimstwo said... (11/5/09 7:54 AM) Reply
Keep doing what your doing. Love to read your entries and little story line with each one.
cindyann said... (11/5/09 7:41 AM) Reply
Nicely done, Peter. Great looking pants and adorable dog pictures.
Michele19 said... (11/5/09 4:29 AM) Reply
I love crazy pants and alwys buy them in thrift shops. You have made a wonderful pair of your own and all I can say is Woof!! (translation....Bravo!). Love your reviews.
j222b said... (11/4/09 8:24 PM) Reply
Peter: You don't have to be invited to a “happening party”-you're a happening party all by yourself! I love your reviews!
Sewing Joe said... (11/4/09 7:48 PM) Reply
You get more sewing done in one day that I get done in a couple of months... Another great project!
Rhoda K said... (11/4/09 7:26 PM) Reply
Neat pair of jeans and a great review! . and the beat goes on . . . . Um, by the way - your pattern photo comes up as a ladies dress.
nancy2001 said... (11/4/09 6:54 PM) Reply
Your wild and crazy pants turned out extremely well. Little Willy is adorable.
katharin said... (11/4/09 6:28 PM) Reply
Cool pants! I love the flowery combination, I wish I would see a guy dressed like that in real. He would make my day. The fit of your pants is perfect.
Aixoise said... (11/4/09 4:43 PM) Reply
Great pants (and thanks for the alterations info). Be sure to post pictures of the party(ies). Give the pups a pet for me.
DaisyEsq said... (11/4/09 4:39 PM) Reply
The pants are fun! I have to go to 35th street to check out the fabrics.
Tiner W said... (11/4/09 3:59 PM) Reply
I bought a very small amount of that fabric in another colorway from an Etsy seller--she sold it as Japanese and it was much more than $1.50. Needless to say, I love that fabric! The pants are great.
carolynw said... (11/4/09 1:18 PM) Reply
I hope a "Happening Party" comes along soon and oh how I wish I could be there to see you in these fantastic fun pants - another great review Peter and I love your little pooch
puddypaws said... (11/4/09 12:02 PM) Reply
You have done it once again. It's always fun to read and see your reviews. Great work!
birdmcfarland said... (11/4/09 11:54 AM) Reply
adorable!! I always really liked floral pants for some reason.
GwenH said... (11/4/09 11:02 AM) Reply
I agree with Gloria, the high tops/leather/scarf look works well, and your photo journals are fun. :-)
Gloria W said... (11/4/09 10:35 AM) Reply
Shots of the animals we live with are NEVER gratuitous. The pants are great funs. I prefer them with the high tops and black leather look. I love your photo journals.

Brownie-Goose Designs Henry Pants