Pattern Reviews> Decades of Style> 3005 (1930s Butterfly Blouse)

Reviewed by:calminatrix

About calminatrix
Member since: 4/18/08
Posted on:11/5/09 5:06 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 18 people
CLA2516 said... (12/15/09 11:57 AM) Reply
Stunning blouse, beautiful work! Very much enjoyed your review.
3HoursPast said... (11/10/09 10:09 AM) Reply
This is breathtaking, I would even say transcendent. The fabric goddesses smiled on you when you put the pattern and the fabric together. Well done. This is the sort of thing I would see in a designer boutique and sigh over.
eugenia123 said... (11/6/09 12:47 PM) Reply
This has turned out beautifully! A real heirloom piece. I love it.
guillorypr said... (11/6/09 11:13 AM) Reply
That is lovely. Simply stunning. Great work.
barbcl said... (11/6/09 10:17 AM) Reply
Lovely blouse with wonderful details!
renren said... (11/6/09 10:14 AM) Reply
I am so glad you were able to figure out how to post a review because this is just a spectacular blouse you have sewn and I'm glad you shared your experiences with the PR community. Congratulations on your first review of a very remarkable 1930s Butterfly Blouse. Wow! And yet another fabric source . . . Promenade Fabrics, New Orleans, LA, hmmm, wondering if Southwest has any specials to NOLA . . .
mending maven said... (11/6/09 9:56 AM) Reply
Stunning design, wonderful choice of fabrics and wonderful sewing skills. WOW!
kidmd said... (11/6/09 9:06 AM) Reply
This is really lovely. I love the pintuck effect that your fabric has. Gorgeous!
calminatrix said... (11/6/09 9:01 AM) Reply
double post, sorry
calminatrix said... (11/6/09 8:49 AM) Reply
gosh, y'all sure are nice! i really appreciate all the nice comments, especially as i have lost my sewing mojo a bit of late. kaatie lyn- i have worn it with a long skirt and with big wide high waisted pants, as well. if i looked good in jeans i would wear it that way too, but alas...
thirteenstitches said... (11/6/09 6:41 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse and you did such a great job on it. Enjoy wearing it often : )
Paris75008 said... (11/6/09 4:30 AM) Reply
Begginer's temperament? This is the most stunning version of this blouse I've seen yet and the care with which it's sewn, for me, puts you way up there with the advanced sewers. I have a similar vintage blouse pattern I'm about to start work on that also calls for the lapped seams. Maybe it was a "style feature" back in 1938.
mendospot said... (11/6/09 0:30 AM) Reply
katie lynne said... (11/6/09 0:22 AM) Reply
Yowsa! That is one cute blouse. Beautiful execution, I can tell you really put a lot of careful sewing time into this--and it paid off big time. Elegant fabric too. What are you going to wear it with?
Raye Ann said... (11/5/09 11:54 PM) Reply
truly lovely blouse. i would love to try this pattern.
Barbara V said... (11/5/09 10:49 PM) Reply
Your butterfly blouse is so gorgeous and well made. The fabric too - lovely. I know well Promenade Fabrics in New Orleans. While on vacation I spent one lovely afternoon enjoying the store and leaving with a special piece. Would love to have a local fabric shop like that!
carolynw said... (11/5/09 10:29 PM) Reply
It's so beautiful - in my review I knocked this pretty hard but have had time to re-think and seeing your version tells me "try again" -so I will and hope it turns out as beautiful as yours
Speech girl said... (11/5/09 9:43 PM) Reply
Such a lovely top--thanks for the inspiration. I have this pattern and a beautiful silk chiffon (with a butterfly print, no less!) to make it in . . . this may move way up on my "to sew" list.
Tallahasseelassie said... (11/5/09 8:35 PM) Reply
What a great blouse! I just love it. Makes me want to go make it. Its really beautiful thanks for sharing your review.
Ann Smith said... (11/5/09 8:19 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for your review and especially all the photos. I have this pattern but your review/photos really shows off the garment. I'm eager to get it out now.
moushka said... (11/5/09 7:09 PM) Reply
Pattern and fabric marriage made in heaven! That fabric is just luscious and you really did it justice with your sewing. Beautiful blouse, great review.
Time4me said... (11/5/09 6:58 PM) Reply
WOW! What a beautiful blouse. It would be nice to see it on. That fabric is so wonderful and you did a great job.
no7262 said... (11/5/09 6:16 PM) Reply
Very pretty! You did such anice job! Nora :)
Nan Kay said... (11/5/09 6:11 PM) Reply
Lovely blouse, and the fabric is just perfect.
marec said... (11/5/09 5:37 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse! This will look great with pants or skirt. Just lovely.
sew2little said... (11/5/09 5:16 PM) Reply
This is an elegant blouse--just beautiful! And the clickable link did work!

by: Sew Good