Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 9469 (Men's Shorts (Pants))

Reviewed by:arianamaniacs

About arianamaniacsstarstarstarstar
Austria
Member since: 6/11/04
Posted on:11/8/09 5:02 PM
Last Updated:6/6/14 1:35 PM

Simplicity: 9469 by arianamaniacs  Simplicity: 9469 by arianamaniacs
supizoo said... (6/6/14 7:10 PM) Reply
Beautiful shirts! I had to laugh at your 'slow' comment. I fluff about for hours before even beginning to cutting into the fabric! Thanks for the really helpful details/photos in your review.
carolynw said... (6/6/14 6:55 PM) Reply
Great looking shirt - I make shirts for my husband and he loves them - even when I suggest he not wear them out because of flaws he does anyway. You have done such a terrific job - look really high end custom made. Must get this pattern as it sounds as if the collar stand has a better way to make it? Great work and great review
LoriU said... (11/11/09 10:25 AM) Reply
Great review - thank you for all the helpful tips and directions. Did you enjoy Mill Ends?
JEF said... (11/9/09 3:08 PM) Reply
That is one nice looking shirt!
CynthiaSue said... (11/9/09 1:27 PM) Reply
whoa whoa. remarkable! this totally looks like its form bloomingdales!!
marec said... (11/9/09 10:49 AM) Reply
Nice shirt, and a great mini lesson in shirt making. Thanks so much for all the detail. I have made sport shirts and am leaning toward a wool shirt for my husband. Your review will help.
Peter in NYC said... (11/8/09 10:12 PM) Reply
Nice job!
AnneMarie60 said... (11/8/09 8:25 PM) Reply
Impressive results! A sharp, RTW-like shirt.
Kayseri said... (11/8/09 6:39 PM) Reply
Terrific effort - looks just like a bought one.
renren said... (11/8/09 6:27 PM) Reply
Six hours, bah???? Oh my goodness, it takes me about 12 hours to sew a simple gathered skirt (three tiers, but still). Remarkable!!! I may have to get this pattern at the Simplicity/Joann sale because dh occasionally asks if I will be sewing something for him someday. Best get started. Glad bf likes his new shirt.
RLL said... (11/8/09 5:21 PM) Reply
Geesh, forgot to mention what a wonderful job you did. Kinda funny how you take your time and try to do a better job when it is for someone else.
RLL said... (11/8/09 5:19 PM) Reply
I love making my DH's shirts. He loves it even more! Since I have been making his clothes, he actually fabric shops with me (sometimes) and picks his own fabric. And he doesn't complain about my ever growing stash anymore.

Runaround Bag Paper Pattern