Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 9469 (Men's Shorts (Pants))

Reviewed by:arianamaniacs

About arianamaniacsstarstarstarstar
Austria
Member since: 6/11/04
Posted on:11/8/09 5:02 PM
Last Updated:6/6/14 1:35 PM

Simplicity: 9469 by arianamaniacs  Simplicity: 9469 by arianamaniacs
supizoo said... (6/6/14 7:10 PM) Reply
Beautiful shirts! I had to laugh at your 'slow' comment. I fluff about for hours before even beginning to cutting into the fabric! Thanks for the really helpful details/photos in your review.
carolynw said... (6/6/14 6:55 PM) Reply
Great looking shirt - I make shirts for my husband and he loves them - even when I suggest he not wear them out because of flaws he does anyway. You have done such a terrific job - look really high end custom made. Must get this pattern as it sounds as if the collar stand has a better way to make it? Great work and great review
LoriU said... (11/11/09 10:25 AM) Reply
Great review - thank you for all the helpful tips and directions. Did you enjoy Mill Ends?
JEF said... (11/9/09 3:08 PM) Reply
That is one nice looking shirt!
CynthiaSue said... (11/9/09 1:27 PM) Reply
whoa whoa. remarkable! this totally looks like its form bloomingdales!!
marec said... (11/9/09 10:49 AM) Reply
Nice shirt, and a great mini lesson in shirt making. Thanks so much for all the detail. I have made sport shirts and am leaning toward a wool shirt for my husband. Your review will help.
Peter in NYC said... (11/8/09 10:12 PM) Reply
Nice job!
AnneMarie60 said... (11/8/09 8:25 PM) Reply
Impressive results! A sharp, RTW-like shirt.
Kayseri said... (11/8/09 6:39 PM) Reply
Terrific effort - looks just like a bought one.
renren said... (11/8/09 6:27 PM) Reply
Six hours, bah???? Oh my goodness, it takes me about 12 hours to sew a simple gathered skirt (three tiers, but still). Remarkable!!! I may have to get this pattern at the Simplicity/Joann sale because dh occasionally asks if I will be sewing something for him someday. Best get started. Glad bf likes his new shirt.
RLL said... (11/8/09 5:21 PM) Reply
Geesh, forgot to mention what a wonderful job you did. Kinda funny how you take your time and try to do a better job when it is for someone else.
RLL said... (11/8/09 5:19 PM) Reply
I love making my DH's shirts. He loves it even more! Since I have been making his clothes, he actually fabric shops with me (sometimes) and picks his own fabric. And he doesn't complain about my ever growing stash anymore.

by: sewingsill...