Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> OOP (Bebe Winkler cape)

Reviewed by:Catbird

About Catbirdstarstar
NY USA
Member since: 9/7/04
Posted on:11/13/09 8:54 PM
Last Updated:11/13/09 8:57 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
Kay Y said... (12/23/09 11:04 AM) Reply
Gorgeous cape - I love the sewing "instructions".
Mahler said... (11/20/09 1:43 PM) Reply
I cannot believe how much we have similar taste. I think we could easily trade clothes ;-) I have another Vogue pattern but with strait corners instead of curves. I am so much in love with your choice of fabric. Wonderful look on you. This is cosy and elegant and stylish.. wonderful, wonderfu, wonderful
Robin Denning said... (11/15/09 9:19 PM) Reply
gorgeous! I tried on a cape like this in Bloomingdale's last weekend- $165! I really liked it so I need to make one, too. I bet this will be a versatile workhorse for you. Enjoy!
Karendee said... (11/14/09 7:28 PM) Reply
Catbird, This is just a magnificent cape. I am so impressed with how this beauty looks on you and the lovely fabric and workmanship. That must be really nice fabric to have such an elegant drape. I'm considering making myself one since you provided such excellent instructions. I tried on one of these a couple of yrs. ago and found it quite flattering, and of course you look wonderful in it. Your pictures were just an added bonus in understanding the whole process. Thanks!
Ann Smith said... (11/14/09 6:08 PM) Reply
Indeed the perfect fabric. You wear it so well in all the different drapings. Beautiful job.
DorothyK said... (11/14/09 9:58 AM) Reply
This cape is fabulous. You have the perfect fabric. Thanks for taking the trouble to make the pattern available. I'm certainly going to try it.
Rebecca D said... (11/14/09 9:41 AM) Reply
I love this, thanks for sharing how simple it really is. It is so chic and understated.
Sic said... (11/14/09 9:30 AM) Reply
Gorgeous!
no7262 said... (11/14/09 8:59 AM) Reply
Love it! My friend said she would like a cape....Maybe I'll make her this one! Nora :)
eugenia123 said... (11/14/09 7:45 AM) Reply
This is fantastic - it has so much pizazz and style. What an amazingly versatile garment - everyone should have one of these! I love the way you are wearing it with jeans tucked into boots but it would also look fabulous with a more formal outfit. I love it!
Ellenatlga said... (11/14/09 7:39 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I love it!
Twinset said... (11/14/09 1:17 AM) Reply
Beautiful! Your fabric is wonderful, and I love that black edge when worn on the green side. What a simple but rewarding project!
cgHipp said... (11/14/09 0:12 AM) Reply
Wow, it looks fabulous - nice job!
MaryDB said... (11/13/09 10:59 PM) Reply
Love the cape, thanks for the review.
Frosty772 said... (11/13/09 10:46 PM) Reply
I have this pattern but have never made it up. I considered it but never really got interested enough other then buying it. Yours has really inspired me to pull the pattern out and make one up. Yours is so chic and classy that I now want one too!! Thank you for your review and pictures!! Fabulous job!!!
Annette1 said... (11/13/09 10:32 PM) Reply
I just absolutely LOVE this, Janie. You WEAR it so well, too. :o) You know, you've JUST given me an idea for a really pretty piece of Pendleton plaid fabric I have. Of course, I wouldn't look NEARLY as chic in a cape as you do, but I'm going to think about that anyway. It's kind of a charcoal brown/dusty brick red plaid, not BRIGHT at all, you know. If I can FIND it, I'll taket a picture and show you. I LOVE your FLOORS, too! I just now noticed those!
Peggy L said... (11/13/09 10:07 PM) Reply
Beautiful cape and it looks perfect for fall!
Peter in NYC said... (11/13/09 9:43 PM) Reply
That cape is gorgeous. What a great job!
Christas said... (11/13/09 9:27 PM) Reply
This is a timeless garment! The colors, fabric, drape, and pattern, are sooo lovely! I love it worn with your boots - those are some really COOL boots! You look wonderful!
Tiner W said... (11/13/09 9:06 PM) Reply
So nice! I made one of these years ago. It was a wool plaid and I wore it and wore it until I decided to cut it down into another little jacket. I kind of regret cutting it down. Enjoy yours!

by: ssssdeb