Pattern Reviews> You Can Make This> Sweet Pea Pleated Handbag (Sweet Pea Pleated Handbag)

Reviewed by:KiarasMom

About KiarasMomstar
SINGAPORE
Member since: 5/12/09
Posted on:11/15/09 11:37 PM
Last Updated:11/16/09 1:00 AM

Vintage Joan said... (1/3/10 10:35 AM) Reply
I love this, and also the matching wallet you made. What wonderful gifts. Very informative review, too!
JDpenelope said... (1/1/10 8:16 AM) Reply
Later -- Oops! I see now I did read your review. Oh well, my reaction is the same. Beautiful bag and great review -- 2nd comment: I try to read handbag reviews, but somehow missed this one. Your pocket looks fine. My patch pockets always bag open, so I prefer a large zippered pocket. . A walking foot is indeed your friend, when sewing bags. The topstitching adds a professional touch.
KiarasMom said... (11/18/09 2:18 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for your kind comments, everyone! I was a little apprehensive at the start of this project, but as things progressed, I really enjoyed myself and learnt much too. I'm not afraid of making handbags anymore!
Jali said... (11/16/09 9:30 PM) Reply
What a fantastic review! I have never made a bag and your review is very helpful. The bag is too cute. I think the dots peaking out of the red is charming and adds interest.
JDpenelope said... (11/16/09 5:58 PM) Reply
What a great first bag! The fabric selection adds so much -- Your friend will love it. This looks like a good pattern, and I might try it. You've hit all the important points in bag sewing, and this is a helpful review for newcomers to bag sewing. I agree with you that fusible fleece is your friend, and use it for most bags. I have also used the same instructions for adding a pocket to your lining -- they're very good.
davin said... (11/16/09 3:44 PM) Reply
Thanks for a handbag pattern source I hadn't known about. Too cute!
MaryDB said... (11/16/09 11:34 AM) Reply
That's a darling handbag! Thanks for the tips, too. Nice work on the zipper, and on taming that silk. I'm sure your friend will love it.
Secretsugar said... (11/16/09 9:48 AM) Reply
Wow, this is an awesome bag! I'd LOVE to receive this as a gift! Great project for those great Echino prints, too.

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns