Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1090 (Uptown Downtown Knit Dress)

Reviewed by:Rebecca D

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 19 people

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

Kim D said... (12/3/09 11:49 PM) Reply
Great Job, Rebecca! I have to make this dress after seeing your finished project. I will definitely watch Trudy's neckband tutorial. The boots make the outfit, Glamour Girl!
Ceidhle said... (11/29/09 3:39 PM) Reply
Nice choice of fabric for that dress. Knit dresses are so comfortable, you will wear it with pride.
Barbara V said... (11/19/09 11:02 AM) Reply
Your dress looks great on you. Nice style and choice of fabric and cute ensemble.
Michelle L said... (11/19/09 8:47 AM) Reply
Great job on your dress!! I love the color and especially the boots! I agree about the bottom band on the skirt though, I ended up shortening mine significantly in my second version to get it to look like the illustration.
Sheila457 said... (11/19/09 8:21 AM) Reply
Lovely dress and great review.
Rebecca D said... (11/19/09 6:26 AM) Reply
Sherrill, I am 5 feet 8 inches tall and very short waisted. Two-thirds of my length is from the waist down.
Sherril Miller said... (11/18/09 6:42 PM) Reply
Great styling with that wonderful dress. How tall are you and are you long waisted, or short? That way I'll know how much blousing I'll need to get a similar look.
eugenia123 said... (11/18/09 6:02 PM) Reply
What a great dress, I really love this style - you look wonderful in it.
Donna Likes Golf said... (11/18/09 3:22 PM) Reply
Love it, Rebecca! It looks great on you and your review is very helpful. I will be adding this pattern to my stash!
Rebecca D said... (11/18/09 2:37 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the lovely compliments. If you would like to spend a ridiculous amount of money on boots, please see the boots here: Boots
michellep74 said... (11/18/09 1:49 PM) Reply
Great looking dress! I have this pattern and seeing how great everyone else's is turning is making me want to bump it up in my queue.
gatorgirl4325 said... (11/18/09 11:14 AM) Reply
My pattern is in the mail - love your version and can't wait to try it for myself!!
li'l miss muffett said... (11/18/09 9:43 AM) Reply
I should be getting my pattern in the mail today! I can't wait to make one of these for myself! Your version looks very chic!
Sewing Chick said... (11/18/09 9:02 AM) Reply
Fabulous dress! I have not tried Hot Patterns yet, but I may have to breakdown and get this one!
Auntie Allyn said... (11/18/09 8:12 AM) Reply
Thanks for an excellent review . . . I will be doing this pattern myself in the near future and will bear your comments in mind when cutting it out!
lamstu said... (11/18/09 7:22 AM) Reply
Great dress and great boots! Go for the snowshoe version - dresses are warm in the winter and it would be really fun.
JudyP said... (11/18/09 6:29 AM) Reply
Very nice dress! It fits you beautifully. Very helpful review!
Annette1 said... (11/18/09 2:22 AM) Reply
What a great review, and I REALLY like this dress! I probably wouldn't have even noticed the pattern, but YOURS has turned out so nicely, I love it! I can already see you SNOW-SHOEING away in this. :o) (I love your boots, too.)
Ann B. said... (11/17/09 10:34 PM) Reply
Sorry, removed duplicat comment.
Ann B. said... (11/17/09 10:30 PM) Reply
Great review and love the tough-ish boots. It is fun to sew up such a quick outfit. Nearly instant gratification.
Nancy K said... (11/17/09 10:27 PM) Reply
It looks great on you. I have this in my to sew line up and I am happy to see your recommendations.

by: StephiLuna