Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 45793-1006 (Gucci Hobo Bag Clone)

Reviewed by:nancy2001

About nancy2001starstarstarstar
Member since: 12/3/05
Posted on:11/18/09 9:30 PM
Last Updated:11/18/09 9:45 PM

Jane S said... (11/21/09 7:40 PM) Reply
Wow, what a fantastic bag. Bravo!!
nancy2001 said... (11/21/09 10:09 AM) Reply
I'm so glad you like the bag. Thank you all for your very generous comments.
JDpenelope said... (11/20/09 10:04 PM) Reply
I almost missed this amazing review. Even if I use a purchased pattern, you have provided many tips that I will utilize. I love the hobo style, and am encouraged by, though probably am not ready for, your clever techniques
Barbara V said... (11/19/09 2:48 PM) Reply
Your purse is fabulous! Great fabric combination and style. I appreciated reading all of your tricks and am so glad you sourced the Dritz 1/8 " double sided tape. I was using my expensive but well loved Japanese product of same this morning and thinking I needed to order again soon, but now glad to find this alternative source. I didn't even know Dritz offered it. Thanks!
moushka said... (11/19/09 2:32 PM) Reply
Fabulous work, Nancy! Definitely worth all your effort and several iterations. The hardware looks great, even if it's not totally authentic. Enjoy your beautiful bag.
cindyann said... (11/19/09 12:25 PM) Reply
Great bag Nancy! Excellent review. I'm kicking myself for giving a Gucci hobo to Goodwill several years ago. What was I thinking?
Karen6790 said... (11/19/09 10:33 AM) Reply
Nancy, what a great idea to use foil! I'll definitely be trying that one of these days. Your bag turned out fabulous and the hardware you chose really adds to the result. I've always loved these hobo bags, too. Absolutely beautiful.
Nan Kay said... (11/19/09 10:25 AM) Reply
You are an inspiration!!!! Love your aluminum foil idea, and will definately give it a try.
KiarasMom said... (11/19/09 9:23 AM) Reply
WOW!! I am in AWE of your skills! What a fabulous bag.
Immelu said... (11/19/09 6:08 AM) Reply
That's fantastic! I love your fabrics. Thanks for all the tips on how you made it...The aluminum foil was pure genius!
Sigrid. said... (11/19/09 2:37 AM) Reply
Fantastic bag. Thanks for showing all pictures of the process too. A bag like this makes me think I should try bag making again. Enjoy using this perfect bag.
Elke said... (11/19/09 0:22 AM) Reply
What a great looking bag! I love your fabric choices. Your bag looks fabulous and professional. Thanks for the very interesting and helpful review!
Deepika said... (11/19/09 0:06 AM) Reply
Nancy your bag is fantastic. You should feel proud carrying it around. Ah this reminds me of my bag making days. I miss them. Maybe I should make one too. It won't be as nice as yours though.
Patti B said... (11/18/09 11:55 PM) Reply
What a fun project with a great result. Hmmm, I have some ultrasuede around here somewhere... Very helpful review.
Mimi O said... (11/18/09 11:21 PM) Reply
Love It!!!
MaryDB said... (11/18/09 11:04 PM) Reply
Nancy, that's a darling little bag, and another great and fun project. Lovely work.
j222b said... (11/18/09 10:02 PM) Reply
Fabulous bag, & fabulous review. Take a bow.

Suzi Purse Insert Paper Pattern

Suzi Purse Insert Paper Pattern

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)