Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3893 (Khaliah Ali Collection Tops)

Reviewed by:LollyVee

Last Updated:11/23/09 9:50 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops    Plus
Maryna said... (5/12/11 7:51 PM) Reply
Small world. I am originally from South Africa! The ethnic print on the top suits your surrounds...I would not give it away as it looks so pretty on you. Lucky SIL! Thanks for the idea of making it a non-camisole top, I think I will try that. :)
Lanna said... (8/6/10 11:46 AM) Reply
I have got to make this pattern up. I love your version.
lamstu said... (11/24/09 9:18 AM) Reply
Your top looks very nice, but if you don't like it, then you won't wear it. The "wrong for my body" result often pops up on my radar too. Very frustrating! (This is why we're supposed to still shop at the mall, but I hate to waste the time.) Better luck with your next project!
Nancy Rhodes said... (11/24/09 8:48 AM) Reply
Tops looks cool as a cucumber! Maybe if the style doesn't suit you for out of the house wear, would it be good for PJ tops? sleep in style!
craftylady66 said... (11/23/09 7:28 PM) Reply
I think it looks great on you.
Heatherbelle said... (11/23/09 7:14 PM) Reply
Great review - I also had a total failure with this top for my body type although I am a bit of an apple - it was huge and the kimono sleeve made all definition between bust/shoulder/upper arm disappear! You did really well to make it work! I like the increased neckline alteration. I do think it looks great on you, though.
Barbara V said... (11/23/09 5:18 PM) Reply
Lucky SIL. Although it is not your preferred style, you still look great in it and the fabric is lovely and perfect for your weather. Nice job.
Dee2 said... (11/23/09 11:54 AM) Reply
Great top--love the changes you made. I think your top is prettier than those on the pattern envelope.
eugenia123 said... (11/23/09 10:02 AM) Reply
What a beautiful top, your alterations have worked really well and I absolutely love that gorgeous fabric.

by: desensitis...

Sew Liberated Aida Top Pattern

Sew Liberated Aida Top Pattern

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)