Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8626 (Very Easy Vogue Coat)

Reviewed by:Terri A

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 28 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Outerwear

Sweater knit fabrics

4u2cme said... (10/13/10 9:28 AM) Reply
Great coat. I really liked the button detailing.
Deepika said... (1/21/10 8:32 AM) Reply
What a great review and what a striking coat. I loved the little button detail. It's the little things like that which set it apart from the rest. I also enjoyed watching your video.
AuntieShel said... (1/20/10 8:59 AM) Reply
Terri, Your coat is gorgeous, thanks so much for posting pics and the video--enjoyed that very much. Will definitely have to make this one!!
sfgb said... (1/19/10 7:55 AM) Reply
Lovely job and great review.
dragon10 said... (1/19/10 0:07 AM) Reply
Love the coat and the contrasting lining.
Athene said... (1/18/10 10:01 PM) Reply
Your coat turned out great. Thank you so much for the video and all the photos. Really very helpful to me.
Heatherrique said... (1/18/10 8:08 PM) Reply
Terri, that is such a cool video of your wonderful jacket. It's really nice treat to see the details in motion. Like always, you do superb work!
loti said... (1/18/10 5:00 PM) Reply
Nice coat, love that eggplant color, looks great.
eugenia123 said... (1/18/10 2:34 PM) Reply
Your coat turned out beautifully - very inspiring! You've done a wonderful job and written a really great review - thanks.
Michele Lommasson said... (1/18/10 2:31 PM) Reply
Thank you for the fun review. I liked the video, nice touch.
Terri A said... (1/18/10 1:39 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone - wow. What a nice surprise to get so many comments. Leora, the wool was shrinking not the interfacing. The amount of time it takes to fuse the interfacing with "lots of steam" - steams the wool as well and then the wool starts shrinking more, even after it has been pre-shrunk. The interfacing doesn't shrink to my knowledge. Does that make more sense? thx :-)
sewtime said... (1/18/10 1:12 PM) Reply
Love your coat, great detailing! Love your video!!!
digs57 said... (1/18/10 11:02 AM) Reply
Beautiful. Love the cut, love the colours, love the little touch of whimsy the buttons add.
DorothyK said... (1/18/10 10:27 AM) Reply
What a terrific coat. You did a great job. I must say, the video made it much easier to see the fantastic details. What a great idea to make a video. I bet we'll be seeing more of those now.
Karine said... (1/18/10 9:19 AM) Reply
Great coat! Thanks for the review with all of photos!
MsMaryO said... (1/18/10 8:34 AM) Reply
Love this coat! The buttons are fun, too!
yummymummy38 said... (1/18/10 7:46 AM) Reply
very professional looking, particularly like the back seaming and the inverted pleat and button details.
marjenann said... (1/18/10 7:32 AM) Reply
Tres chic!! Great job, your coat is amazing!!!
Lori V said... (1/18/10 7:26 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat, you are so right, wonderful details. I enjoyed your video review, thank you.
halleyscomet said... (1/18/10 7:10 AM) Reply
Absolutely love it!
Jatman said... (1/18/10 6:22 AM) Reply
This is so cute! Love the fabric/lining and the buttons. Looks really nice on you! Thank you for the video, too!
rozzybabe said... (1/18/10 5:51 AM) Reply
I have wanted to make a winter coat for 3 years, & have always hesitated as to what pattern & style would be best. Thanks so much for a detailed review; gorgeous coat! At last, I know what my new coat will look like next winter!!
dingyadi said... (1/18/10 4:02 AM) Reply
That is awesome! I like the video idea too
Leora said... (1/18/10 3:38 AM) Reply
I think I read here on PR to shrink interfacing in order to avoid the shrinking you describe. I really love the design, especially the back of this coat. Nicely done! Such a pretty color on you!!
stephangle said... (1/18/10 1:23 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat and fabulous color! Love the details with the buttons too!!!
pammieh said... (1/18/10 0:58 AM) Reply
Adorable coat - Wow! So impressive!
Kim12469 said... (1/4/10 7:38 PM) Reply
I can't wait to see your picture. Thanks for the review! This coat keeps calling me...Wow, the finished product is gorgeous! Such nice work and the color is wonderful! I definitely need to make this.
eugenia123 said... (1/4/10 11:24 AM) Reply
Looking forward to seeing a picture of this - I have this pattern, it's a nice style. Your fabric/lining choices sound lovely.
AuntieShel said... (1/4/10 9:11 AM) Reply
Oooh, I have this pattern and was so excited to see you reviewing it. Can't wiat to see it finished. So glad to hear it's going together well.
Michelle99 said... (1/4/10 6:35 AM) Reply
Can't wait to see a photo. This looks like a Marfy coat that I made a year or so ago. But this ought to be much better thanks to the bust sizes!
Terri A said... (1/3/10 10:35 PM) Reply
As soon as I get it done I will put up a pic. I can't wait to wear it!
Athene said... (1/3/10 10:27 PM) Reply
This coat sounds so nice. I hope you will be able to post a picture.

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS