Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8593 (MISSES'/MISSES' PETITE DRESS)

Reviewed by:cmarie12

About cmarie12starstarstar
NJ USA
Member since: 4/8/03
Posted on:12/27/09 2:54 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 22 people
Sharon M said... (1/27/10 2:20 PM) Reply
LOVE it!!! I bought this pattern after seeing your dress. You look so wonderful in it
TracyB said... (12/30/09 4:58 PM) Reply
You truly made Vogue 8593 your own. Though I can only wish I had half your talent and creativity, your wonderful tutorials show a path to follow. Adding princess seams! And using a back piece from a whole other pattern! What an inspiration you are.
Michelle L said... (12/29/09 8:59 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! Your changes have made this a fantastic garment. Just gorgeous!
Christas said... (12/28/09 11:51 AM) Reply
This dress is GORGEOUS! Your blog was one of the first ones I put in my favorites (a long time ago!). I always enjoy seeing what you are sewing! I know you will get a lot of wear out of your pretty dress. You are an inspiration!
becca a said... (12/28/09 10:01 AM) Reply
Fabulous dress. I have this pattern and have been wondering about making a flattering fit with so few pattern pieces. Thank you for the extremely helpful lesson in adjusting the pattern!
Danvillegirl said... (12/28/09 8:38 AM) Reply
I love how you figure out how to make a pattern work! Your dress looks great!
CynthiaSue said... (12/28/09 0:21 AM) Reply
Amazing work. Thank you so much for the tutorial on making something into a princess seam. you look adorable in your little shift dress.
moushka said... (12/27/09 11:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! You're fit solution was absolutely ingenious. I love the neckline pleats, so flattering, ditto the princess seams. Great review, inspiring construction. Thank you!
persevering said... (12/27/09 8:58 PM) Reply
Wow! With this beautiful dress, you've even topped your great look in the skirt posted before this. Congratulations
Auntie Allyn said... (12/27/09 7:59 PM) Reply
THIS is the most flattering dress you've made this year . . . looks absolutely fabulous on you!!!!!
Dmd4106 said... (12/27/09 6:58 PM) Reply
Great dress!
Karendee said... (12/27/09 6:10 PM) Reply
Amazing dress, Carolyn. And you look just beautiful in it--and we know how perfectly it is constructed. Great job!
Kay Y said... (12/27/09 5:17 PM) Reply
Elegant & flattering - you could wear it anywhere!
blue mooney said... (12/27/09 4:51 PM) Reply
Tour de force! You look smashing, as always.
maedchen said... (12/27/09 4:30 PM) Reply
It looks so good and what an ingenious idea you had that worked! I love your review, thanks!
sideseams said... (12/27/09 4:25 PM) Reply
I have to agree with everything that Annette1 has said. You did such a beautiful job on your dress. I always enjoy reading your blog!!! You inspire me.
Annette1 said... (12/27/09 3:17 PM) Reply
This is absolutely INGENIOUS, the way you've incorporated the princess seams into this dress. I'm afraid I would have NEVER thought of that. (I KNOW I wouldn't.) This has got to be one of the most FLATTERING dresses I've ever seen. You look like a million bucks, and that's the truth. GREAT review, too!

More Knits