Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8593 (MISSES'/MISSES' PETITE DRESS)

Reviewed by:cmarie12

About cmarie12starstarstar
NJ USA
Member since: 4/8/03
Posted on:12/27/09 2:54 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 22 people
Sharon M said... (1/27/10 2:20 PM) Reply
LOVE it!!! I bought this pattern after seeing your dress. You look so wonderful in it
TracyB said... (12/30/09 4:58 PM) Reply
You truly made Vogue 8593 your own. Though I can only wish I had half your talent and creativity, your wonderful tutorials show a path to follow. Adding princess seams! And using a back piece from a whole other pattern! What an inspiration you are.
Michelle L said... (12/29/09 8:59 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! Your changes have made this a fantastic garment. Just gorgeous!
Christas said... (12/28/09 11:51 AM) Reply
This dress is GORGEOUS! Your blog was one of the first ones I put in my favorites (a long time ago!). I always enjoy seeing what you are sewing! I know you will get a lot of wear out of your pretty dress. You are an inspiration!
becca a said... (12/28/09 10:01 AM) Reply
Fabulous dress. I have this pattern and have been wondering about making a flattering fit with so few pattern pieces. Thank you for the extremely helpful lesson in adjusting the pattern!
Danvillegirl said... (12/28/09 8:38 AM) Reply
I love how you figure out how to make a pattern work! Your dress looks great!
CynthiaSue said... (12/28/09 0:21 AM) Reply
Amazing work. Thank you so much for the tutorial on making something into a princess seam. you look adorable in your little shift dress.
moushka said... (12/27/09 11:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! You're fit solution was absolutely ingenious. I love the neckline pleats, so flattering, ditto the princess seams. Great review, inspiring construction. Thank you!
persevering said... (12/27/09 8:58 PM) Reply
Wow! With this beautiful dress, you've even topped your great look in the skirt posted before this. Congratulations
Auntie Allyn said... (12/27/09 7:59 PM) Reply
THIS is the most flattering dress you've made this year . . . looks absolutely fabulous on you!!!!!
Dmd4106 said... (12/27/09 6:58 PM) Reply
Great dress!
Karendee said... (12/27/09 6:10 PM) Reply
Amazing dress, Carolyn. And you look just beautiful in it--and we know how perfectly it is constructed. Great job!
Kay Y said... (12/27/09 5:17 PM) Reply
Elegant & flattering - you could wear it anywhere!
blue mooney said... (12/27/09 4:51 PM) Reply
Tour de force! You look smashing, as always.
maedchen said... (12/27/09 4:30 PM) Reply
It looks so good and what an ingenious idea you had that worked! I love your review, thanks!
sideseams said... (12/27/09 4:25 PM) Reply
I have to agree with everything that Annette1 has said. You did such a beautiful job on your dress. I always enjoy reading your blog!!! You inspire me.
Annette1 said... (12/27/09 3:17 PM) Reply
This is absolutely INGENIOUS, the way you've incorporated the princess seams into this dress. I'm afraid I would have NEVER thought of that. (I KNOW I wouldn't.) This has got to be one of the most FLATTERING dresses I've ever seen. You look like a million bucks, and that's the truth. GREAT review, too!

Victoria Jones Collection Misses' Pareau Style Wrap Dress

Victoria Jones Collection Misses' Pareau Style Wrap Dress

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)