Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 152520-1000

Member since: 10/8/08
Posted on:12/30/09 4:53 PM
Last Updated:12/30/09 5:04 PM

nancy2001 said... (3/7/12 4:45 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket, perfect in every way -- fit and fashion!
2takeKate said... (11/17/10 7:30 PM) Reply
Your coat is beautiful - and fits you perfectly! Excellent job. Many of us can get away with just tweaking ready made patterns, and I for one take that for granted. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
hongkongshopper said... (6/8/10 8:28 AM) Reply
I found this review by clicking on a preview on the side - such an attractive jacket. It fits you so beautifully you wouldn't know you have your fit issues. Beautiful work and great review.
Jane S said... (1/4/10 9:08 AM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket. I admire your persistance and determination. I have very similar fitting issues that I never fully acknowledged until I made a custom dressform as well...and got professional fitting help from custom dressmakers. Bravo to you. It's great to have a master pattern that you can then adjust to many different styles.
yummymummy38 said... (1/1/10 6:09 AM) Reply
thanks for sharing your sewing odessey. The jacket look beautiful and fits perfectly. It makes me grateful for the relatively minor adjustments that the rest of us contend with. I love the contrast of the persian wool collar with the tweeds. Thanks again
Kayseri said... (1/1/10 2:54 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous jacket - you can't tell what a long journey it took to get there.
cindyann said... (12/31/09 10:01 AM) Reply
I love it! Nicely done.
katlew03 said... (12/30/09 10:03 PM) Reply
Your review was very thorough and will be very helpful for those with this type of fitting problem. You showed great perservance in solving your fitting problems and the end result is well worth all the trial and error. I have a friend with very severe scolosis and I have often thought about offering to help her alter her clothes, but I did not have the slightest idea where to start. Your information was very helpful, but unfortunately she has moved quite a distance away and I do not see her anymore. Again, your jacket looks absolutely great. I love the color and the fur is perfect.
swing like a girl said... (12/30/09 9:51 PM) Reply
The jacket is beautiful. I love the collar and cuffs. More importantly I admire your patience and persistance.
CCQ said... (12/30/09 9:30 PM) Reply
The fit looks great and I love the fabric combination. Greate job!
Ann Smith said... (12/30/09 9:23 PM) Reply
Just fantastic! Looking at your jacket and the beautiful way it fits you one would never know you had fitting issues. And besides that, it is a beautiful combination of fabric, fur trim and pattern style. Congratulations.
pharmlyn said... (12/30/09 6:43 PM) Reply
Excellent review...Thanks for the fitting resources. I too have scoliosis and have only tackled the alterations on trousers... your review has given me the inspiration to work on my scoliosis alterations on my jacket pattern.
sarahinlafayette said... (12/30/09 6:14 PM) Reply
Wonderful jacket, and how very impressive that you kept on trying until it worked! I also live in a body that does not fit either RTW or standard patterns, and have also consumed MANY yards of very ugly fabric finding ways to make things work.
Re Becca said... (12/30/09 5:17 PM) Reply
Oops! Doubled
Re Becca said... (12/30/09 5:17 PM) Reply
You did a great job. It fits you very well, and looks both cozy and profesionally made!
DaisyEsq said... (12/30/09 5:13 PM) Reply
Thank you for such an informative review. Your mini-coat fits beautifully.

Lutterloh Lutterloh Supp 271#75