Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2683 (Figure skating dress (zip-back)

Reviewed by:sewcrazee

About sewcrazeestar
IL USA
Member since: 4/23/04
Posted on:1/5/10 1:18 PM

See other patterns in this category: Costumes
Birgitte said... (2/6/10 2:54 PM) Reply
What a beautiful combo of fabrics and pattern, and thanks for this very helpful review. Velvet is my DD's favorite to wear on the ice (loves the softness) and like you, I want her to be warm, so it's time to test the zipper :))
Tez said... (1/18/10 5:24 AM) Reply
Very cute dress!
fourkid said... (1/15/10 3:48 PM) Reply
Adorable outfits - and great review. I agree with others - would love to see the other outfit as well. And hope the girls did great on their tests.
jannw said... (1/6/10 8:22 PM) Reply
Adorable..I do like the contrast neck and cuffs..I do hope you get a picture of both girls in their outfits..would love to see them
zoezmommy said... (1/6/10 9:01 AM) Reply
Lovely dress. I agree that the pattern would be more appealing without the mock turtleneck.
sewcrazee said... (1/5/10 7:31 PM) Reply
thanks for all the kind words...i did stabilize the stretch and i tried double sided tape as i use that when doing my western show tops but stretch velvet doesnt like it so i handbasted the zipper in first...i will add another review with the other dress when i hopefully can get a picture of my skater in it
SheBear0320 said... (1/5/10 5:20 PM) Reply
Very cute dress -- would love to see the other dress as well. I usually stabilize the edges of the zipper opening when working on stretch fabrics. Like kittykate, I avoid the zippers whenever possible.
shorts said... (1/5/10 4:47 PM) Reply
I love that little dress! TOO CUTE! I really like the Lycra you used for the skirt very fun! Will you add a picture of the other dress?
kittykate said... (1/5/10 3:40 PM) Reply
I like it! The fabric is cute. Invisible zips aren't hard in stretch, I tape them down first with 1/4 inch two sided tape, can't remember the name of it at the moment. Honestly though, I kinda avoid zips when I make things :-)
guillorypr said... (1/5/10 3:35 PM) Reply
I love it, very cute! I probably would have hand Basted the zipper first. the very thought of a an invisible zip in stretch velvet it a bit scary! :)
guillorypr said... (1/5/10 3:35 PM) Reply
I love it, very cute! I probably would have hand Basted the zipper first. the very thought of a an invisible zip in stretch velvet is a bit scary! :)

Islander Sewing Systems - MyStyle Greetings