Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2009-109 (Pea Coat)

Reviewed by:annie11

About annie11starstarstarstar
IL USA
Member since: 3/3/06
Posted on:1/9/10 3:17 PM

Maree P said... (6/23/12 7:07 PM) Reply
Gorgeous pea jacket...with great sewing. Thanks for your helpful review.
beth5646 said... (1/12/10 8:57 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket---and your coat is beautiful also. Thank you so much for the review.
nicegirl said... (1/12/10 2:01 PM) Reply
What a great variation on the classic peacoat! The fabric is fantastic.
Pinkytoo said... (1/11/10 4:29 PM) Reply
I'm working on a coat (different one) from this same Burda issue and I feel your pain about the welt pockets and notch collar! I'm using a fairly lightweight wool and it is still a major pain, wait til you hear about the bound buttonholes. Great job and I admire your perseverance!!
Sewingelle said... (1/11/10 6:38 AM) Reply
Its wonderful. Great style, great fabric and beautifully made!
mars418 said... (1/10/10 9:49 PM) Reply
Ann, great coat! I love the fabric and the style. You've really been on a coat expedition!
Victoria B said... (1/10/10 5:38 PM) Reply
Very lovely coat!!! You did a spectacular job!
Lizz said... (1/10/10 3:17 PM) Reply
I LOVE the plaid for both of you! This was a classic when I was young (50+ yrs. ago) and will be for another 50 years! Good job and lucky daughter.
Margie T said... (1/10/10 7:06 AM) Reply
Great looking coat. Your daughter looks lovely and snug.
Mary Nanna said... (1/10/10 0:57 AM) Reply
beautiful coat, great fabric choice, your daughter looks fabulous - and the construction looks impeccable.
Birgitte said... (1/9/10 10:00 PM) Reply
A wonderful, stylish coat. Working with fabric that thick- and plaid! could not have been easy, but you mastered it to perfection.
kathigarn said... (1/9/10 8:57 PM) Reply
That is a gorgeous coat. I love the fabric and the style. I am sure your daughter was quite a hit the first day she wore it!!
frame said... (1/9/10 7:19 PM) Reply
Great looking coat. It looks so nice and warm.
Heidi Ho said... (1/9/10 5:24 PM) Reply
Glad to see this pattern made up. It really turned out cute and I LOVE that plaid!!
homejewel said... (1/9/10 4:54 PM) Reply
My teen daughter and I both love this coat. I've been looking for a pattern like that and you're right - it's just not out there. The fabric choice is perfect.
Heatherrique said... (1/9/10 4:24 PM) Reply
Very stylish and beautifully constructed coat for your lovely daughter! "Burda usually knows what they are doing" gave me a chuckle. Do you have a picture of you and your daughter in your matching coats? That would be so cool!
Elke said... (1/9/10 4:20 PM) Reply
Gorgeous peacoat...fits perfectly!
moushka said... (1/9/10 4:13 PM) Reply
This was "the" coat style when I was about nineteen, um, forty years ago! It's a copy of a sailor's peacoat, ergo the pocket placement (no bust on the men). I agree, it's such a classic, it should be a perennial in the pattern books. Your version is beautiful. Lucky daughter, great review.
becca a said... (1/9/10 3:51 PM) Reply
Your daughter must be delighted with her coat! It is fabulous. Thank you for the helpful review. Just a note--I always think of pocket placement as an individual thing and not something to adhere to strictly--pin them on and look in the mirror, adjust and then sew. Still it is odd for them to have planned pockets at the bust point.
figtree said... (1/9/10 3:27 PM) Reply
Such a nice classic pattern, I'm suprized yours is the first review! I'm not suprized that your daughter would pick the same fabric tho, both coats are beautiful! Excelent work, and thanks for the pocket tip. Love your daughter's hair too!

StyleArc Jenny Shirt