Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6912 (Mix and Match Dress)

Reviewed by:cdmilliner

About cdmillinerstar
MA USA
Member since: 5/13/08
Posted on:2/4/10 1:13 AM
Last Updated:2/4/10 6:54 PM

hildemor said... (2/5/13 5:21 AM) Reply
I love this! Thanks for your review. I think I'll go get this pattern straight away.
Laurie Lou said... (11/11/10 4:14 PM) Reply
I love the New Look and have this pattern also. You've inspired me to check my fabric stash. BTW your mention on the measurements and ease were very helpful. Cute dress!
jgmafpw said... (2/10/10 1:55 PM) Reply
You look great! Beautiful job on that dress, classy and modern.
French.Seam said... (2/6/10 1:57 PM) Reply
very elegant, good job
Nata said... (2/5/10 8:58 PM) Reply
It's a beautiful dress and it looks very flattering on you.
becca a said... (2/5/10 7:27 PM) Reply
Lovely, flattering dress. Thanks for reviewing it.
fryman said... (2/5/10 1:31 PM) Reply
I hope my dress looks as good on me (when I sew it) as it does on you. I would need to cut a larger size, but this dress is definitely for an X figure. Go Girl!!
AuntieShel said... (2/5/10 12:38 PM) Reply
Beautiful!!!
digs57 said... (2/5/10 10:35 AM) Reply
Very attractive dress! Looks like it ought to become a TNT for a wide variety of fabrics.
vintageclothes said... (2/5/10 8:35 AM) Reply
I've been curious about this pattern for a little while, and now I definitely want it! Thanks for such a great review!
tess said... (2/5/10 5:27 AM) Reply
Really lovely elegant dress!
persevering said... (2/4/10 11:54 PM) Reply
You are AMAZING! Not only do you make this dress that ROCKS, but you answer my question so well, that I feel empowered that I too can have success with this pattern if I carefully implement what you have explained your review and blog. THANK YOU!
AnneMarie60 said... (2/4/10 7:59 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress. It fits you quite nicely. Love your "bargain" fabric--great color with a lovely drape.
Gecko said... (2/4/10 7:45 PM) Reply
Great dress- it looks beautiful on you! I am so glad you reviewed this. I have this on my list to be made during the fabric stash contest and your positive comments about the draped neckline make me very optimistic.
cdmilliner said... (2/4/10 6:24 PM) Reply
Thanks all! I wore it to work today and pretty much everyone asked about it... and not in that sarastic 'Oh, did you make that? kind of way ;o)
Dynamo said... (2/4/10 10:25 AM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this pattern. I have it, and the fabric for it, in my to-do basket, and it is nice to hear that it goes together well. Your dress is lovely.
JanieBee said... (2/4/10 9:42 AM) Reply
Great review! The dress looks terrific!
ElizabethDee said... (2/4/10 9:26 AM) Reply
love your dress! and yes, it does look so much better than anything on the envelope. it fits you beautifully, and the neckline is wonderful. hope to see your variations.
petro said... (2/4/10 8:03 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress, fits perfectly. Congratulations on coming up with a mix which works so well.
valerie sews said... (2/4/10 4:53 AM) Reply
Stunning, classy dress and perfect fit. Thank you for reviewing it.
persevering said... (2/4/10 3:38 AM) Reply
What elegance of style, and what a fit! Congratulations, it looks like you've made a dress that suits you very well. Could you please give me more information re: your measurements compared to that of the dress?
julie w said... (2/4/10 2:55 AM) Reply
Great review. I love these type of New Look Mix and Match patterns. One to add to my stash I think!
sewnsewtoo said... (2/4/10 2:11 AM) Reply
You look great in your new dress. It's always nice to find a quick, go to pattern. Thanks for the informative review.

Christine Jonson Cross Your Heart Top & V-Neck Tee