Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3624 (Jacket & Vest)

Reviewed by:Margaret

See other patterns in this category: Vests    Coat/Jacket

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Margaret said... (9/17/12 9:22 AM) Reply
Phillis -- I think this pattern would be very easy to size up as it's just a rectangle. IIRC the CB is cut on the fold, so if all you need is extra width across the back, you could probably even just cut it with the CB placed a little bit away from the fabric fold.
Phillis2 said... (9/16/12 2:04 PM) Reply
Thanks for your details in this review. I've been looking at this pattern and wanting to make it 'cause the look is quite different. I'm a large woman and would have to grid the pattern a little larger to fit correctly across my back. I believe the arm hole openings woud be okay since my arms are average. After reading your remarks, I think I'll give this jacket a try -- especially since I'm able to catch this pattern on sale at $5.00.
Margaret said... (2/8/10 12:15 PM) Reply
krothwolff, I think to get it to look like the illustration, you'd have to pull up the drawstrings just so, scrunch the collar area down in back, and arrange the collar carefully. There's no way it could stay that way for long when worn in real life... at least not on me. :) Renren, I should add the steaming will work only for some knits and I still would avoid pushing the fabric too far -- I wouldn't machine-baste or staystitch, for example, since every trip through the machine stretches it a little more. Thanks, everyone, for the kind comments!
Sewingmi said... (2/7/10 1:05 PM) Reply
Nice! I think yours looks better than the envelope. I enjoyed your very helpful review.
Peter in NYC said... (2/7/10 9:17 AM) Reply
Very cool and avant-garde looking jacket. Great job!
renren said... (2/7/10 9:12 AM) Reply
I just love it when you say things like this: "The fabric is all cotton and does stretch when sewn, particularly if sewn close to a cut edge, but it can be steamed back to shape. " I don't know things like that and when you describe it this way I understand what could go wrong and the solution. I am grateful for your concise, to-the-point, clear, and informative reviews.
Karen31 said... (2/6/10 11:59 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for reviewing this, I have the vest version already cut waiting to be sewn but keep putting things in front of it. I like the collar of the jacket better on the model but on the illustration it looks like there's way too much fabric, doesn't appear that way on yours.

Pamela's Patterns Perfect Tank Top Pattern

Pamela's Patterns Perfect Tank Top Pattern

Sew Chic Contance Dress Pattern (ln8404)

Sew Chic Contance Dress Pattern (ln8404)