Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 3341 (A-line Skirt in 5 lengths)

Reviewed by:Leslie in Austin

About Leslie in Austinstarstarstarstar
TX USA
Member since: 1/30/03
Posted on:3/19/04 12:36 PM
Last Updated:3/19/04 1:48 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts

Everyday Sewist said... (3/20/04 6:48 PM) Reply
Wow! I LOVE the color combination--very cute with a real designer look to it!
Danvillegirl said... (3/20/04 5:02 PM) Reply
She is as good as her aunt. Nice skirt and she is gorgeous.
AuntieShel said... (3/20/04 8:16 AM) Reply
I was blown away by the photo of the zipper/facing/binding. How did you finish the facing to the zipper? Can I be your niece? You are both very lucky to have such a special relationship.
Peni said... (3/20/04 2:09 AM) Reply
Cute skirt and the binding looks really sharp too! I will have to dig my foot out and try it. Sounds like you have a new sewing buddy. Enjoy!
Debbie Spriggs said... (3/19/04 7:30 PM) Reply
Just adorable, and very creative! Great recreation of RTW. Your niece looks lovely in her new skirt. You're a very sweet aunt, to help her!
SandraB said... (3/19/04 6:14 PM) Reply
Leslie, this skirt is so very cute. It looks very RTW, and very $$$. You are so creative. I am inspired by your adventuresome spirit.
Dr. Alice said... (3/19/04 5:26 PM) Reply
Too cute! I like the ribbon trim! Does the grograin wash well?? I'd love to add it to my projects!
Gina Marie said... (3/19/04 4:29 PM) Reply
Wow. I like to see when things are adapted from RTW at what probably ends up a fraction of the cost !! BTW, ordered the foot too. I'd been looking at it, now I am sold !!
SewingSusan said... (3/19/04 4:24 PM) Reply
Great skirt! I'm sure she's really proud of it. Love that yellow seam binding and the ribbon trim.
SouthernStitch said... (3/19/04 3:53 PM) Reply
Leslie, I am sooo jealous - that you have such a cute niece (I have none) and that she is letting you sew with her. She did a very creative job! Your review was very entertaining also.
Skye said... (3/19/04 2:47 PM) Reply
love the skirt better than most RTW I really liked the binding and I think I will try that mext time I "do" a facing. Great to do a project with a keen yopunger person I bet you had a lovely time with your niece and i am sure you must be her favorite aunt :)
Hilary said... (3/19/04 2:12 PM) Reply
Oh how cute! That's very cool that you got to sew with your niece! Mine's way up in NY (i'm in TX too :o) ) so I'm jealous, lol. She has great taste, and obviously went to the right person for help. It turned out great! I LOVE the yellow seam binding, I am gonna have to get that special foot! Thanks for the review, your niece shows great promise as a seamstress :o)
KitnRose said... (3/19/04 1:35 PM) Reply
The end result looks so professional, very high end RTW at the worst. Love the contrast binding, it adds a lot. Will have to do that with my next project!
Leslie in Austin said... (3/19/04 12:53 PM) Reply
Drat. Same thumbnail problem. Click where the photo should be and the full size version will pop up.

Other Dressmaking with Liberty

by: FreyaStark

No Pattern Used Dress Reconstruction

by: julliams

Victoria Jones Collection Busy Diva Apron and Star Potholder

Victoria Jones Collection Busy Diva Apron and Star Potholder

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)