Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 3341 (A-line Skirt in 5 lengths)

Reviewed by:Leslie in Austin

About Leslie in Austinstarstarstarstar
TX USA
Member since: 1/30/03
Posted on:3/19/04 12:36 PM
Last Updated:3/19/04 1:48 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
Everyday Sewist said... (3/20/04 6:48 PM) Reply
Wow! I LOVE the color combination--very cute with a real designer look to it!
Danvillegirl said... (3/20/04 5:02 PM) Reply
She is as good as her aunt. Nice skirt and she is gorgeous.
AuntieShel said... (3/20/04 8:16 AM) Reply
I was blown away by the photo of the zipper/facing/binding. How did you finish the facing to the zipper? Can I be your niece? You are both very lucky to have such a special relationship.
Peni said... (3/20/04 2:09 AM) Reply
Cute skirt and the binding looks really sharp too! I will have to dig my foot out and try it. Sounds like you have a new sewing buddy. Enjoy!
Debbie Spriggs said... (3/19/04 7:30 PM) Reply
Just adorable, and very creative! Great recreation of RTW. Your niece looks lovely in her new skirt. You're a very sweet aunt, to help her!
SandraB said... (3/19/04 6:14 PM) Reply
Leslie, this skirt is so very cute. It looks very RTW, and very $$$. You are so creative. I am inspired by your adventuresome spirit.
Dr. Alice said... (3/19/04 5:26 PM) Reply
Too cute! I like the ribbon trim! Does the grograin wash well?? I'd love to add it to my projects!
Gina Marie said... (3/19/04 4:29 PM) Reply
Wow. I like to see when things are adapted from RTW at what probably ends up a fraction of the cost !! BTW, ordered the foot too. I'd been looking at it, now I am sold !!
SewingSusan said... (3/19/04 4:24 PM) Reply
Great skirt! I'm sure she's really proud of it. Love that yellow seam binding and the ribbon trim.
SouthernStitch said... (3/19/04 3:53 PM) Reply
Leslie, I am sooo jealous - that you have such a cute niece (I have none) and that she is letting you sew with her. She did a very creative job! Your review was very entertaining also.
Skye said... (3/19/04 2:47 PM) Reply
love the skirt better than most RTW I really liked the binding and I think I will try that mext time I "do" a facing. Great to do a project with a keen yopunger person I bet you had a lovely time with your niece and i am sure you must be her favorite aunt :)
Hilary said... (3/19/04 2:12 PM) Reply
Oh how cute! That's very cool that you got to sew with your niece! Mine's way up in NY (i'm in TX too :o) ) so I'm jealous, lol. She has great taste, and obviously went to the right person for help. It turned out great! I LOVE the yellow seam binding, I am gonna have to get that special foot! Thanks for the review, your niece shows great promise as a seamstress :o)
KitnRose said... (3/19/04 1:35 PM) Reply
The end result looks so professional, very high end RTW at the worst. Love the contrast binding, it adds a lot. Will have to do that with my next project!
Leslie in Austin said... (3/19/04 12:53 PM) Reply
Drat. Same thumbnail problem. Click where the photo should be and the full size version will pop up.

Pin-up Girls 1230