Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6035 (MISSES' SHIRTS)

Reviewed by:knitmachinequeen

About knitmachinequeenstarstarstarstar
MI USA
Member since: 9/3/07
Posted on:3/3/10 7:34 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
Sew4Fun said... (5/5/10 0:48 AM) Reply
Your blouse is lovely and such a helpful review. Now that you mention the placement of the princess seam I can see exactly what you mean looking at the McCalls model. I didn't notice it before but now I have I won't make this pattern. You saved me a lot of wasted time. Thanks! Your review is why I love PR.
sarasotagirl said... (4/29/10 10:25 AM) Reply
Bless you for reviewing this! I'm a beginner and I've been struggling with the location of the princess seams on this one, too. (I also cut a D-cup.) Now I know it's not just me. Thank you!
susiestitcher said... (3/5/10 7:43 AM) Reply
Sorry you had such a time of things, but the result is quite lovely. I really like the sleeves. As far as the princess seams, I think that princess seams closer to the center front only really work for ladies with small bustlines, where the emphasis is more as a decorative design than a proper fitting tool. I think that sometimes, designers get caught up in style and forget about function and what will fit nicely on a real body! Anyway, kevlar aside, I love the fabric. Maybe you needed to rivet it together. Great blouse.
sewtime said... (3/4/10 2:34 PM) Reply
What a beautiful blouse!! Again I love all the creations you make, great fabric great style!
birdmcfarland said... (3/4/10 12:46 PM) Reply
What a timely review. I just finished trying to make a muslin for this shirt and could not figure out what was wrong - for me, it's that the bust point is about 1.5 -2 inches lower than it should be. And I agree with you about the princess seams. I am trying to decide if I want to go to the trouble of redrafting it or just bag it and move on. I logged on to PR to see if anyone else had trouble with this. Thanks for reviewing! You saved me a lot of hassle and aggravation!
Lee Ann Hawkins said... (3/4/10 1:43 AM) Reply
Wow! what a quest you embarked on--but you know, the blouse now looks quite fabulous on you. How did you melt the ironing board cover??! I have melted all kinds of things like brand-new chalkoners, but not yet the cover :)
Heatherrique said... (3/3/10 8:30 PM) Reply
This is still a sharp looking top!

The Technique of Underlining Garments
The Technique of Underlining Garments

by: myraminx

by: HRigg

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

THE COLLARS - A CD Book by Kenneth King