Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2925 (MISSES' JACKET, TOP, SKIRT AND)

Reviewed by:doctorsirena

About doctorsirenastar
MN USA
Member since: 7/30/07

Best Patterns of 2008
Posted on:2/28/10 9:32 PM

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Pants    Skirts

doctorsirena said... (8/7/10 8:02 AM) Reply
SEH1950, I just saw your question now. I cut my own strips of bias stabilizer for the neckline out of lightweight interfacing from sewexciting.blogspot.com (great selection and performance of interfacing, NAYY) and cut 3/8" strips on the bias. I used straight-grain cut strips of interfacing on the shoulder seams. I would also like to try some of the iron bias tapes. Here are some online sources I have found (I have never purchased from these sites, NAYY). Vilene-brand Bias tape at www.sewessential.co.uk or www.macculloch-wallis.co.uk (nice photo showing chain stitching - search for 88918). Bias and straight tape at www.ljdesignsonline.com or www.cuttinglinedesigns.com.
SEH1950 said... (5/19/10 3:07 PM) Reply
I have to ask - where did you purchase the bias iron on stabilizer? I've looked everywhere for it and cannot find any! Thanks - Susan
brissie71 said... (3/1/10 2:39 AM) Reply
What a coincidence. I finished this top today and it was also a UFO for me (a little more recent than 2008, though! LOL.) Congratulations on getting one more UFO done.
Athene said... (2/28/10 9:44 PM) Reply
Fabulous top. A real wardrobe staple.
Athene said... (2/28/10 9:44 PM) Reply
Fabulous top. A real wardrobe staple.

All About Linings