Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias
Eureka! Pants that Fit.">Fun with Fitting - PANTS Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2010-103A (Circle Skirt)

Reviewed by:EveS

About EveSstarstarstarstar
MI USA
Member since: 11/26/06
Posted on:3/8/10 10:52 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
becca a said... (3/9/10 11:21 PM) Reply
This is a lovely skirt and looks great on you! The whole outfit is great. I looked at the picture and then was surprised to read your pattern evaluation as you look so put together. Your troubles with the pattern don't show in the skirt.
fryman said... (3/9/10 8:12 PM) Reply
I do think your choice of fabric is the winning element of the skirt. I was unable to see much of a pleat but I believe your change was a benefit to you. This skirt calls out to be worn with a top worn under the skirt and of course, as you know, that is slenderizing whereas a top hanging over the tummy could be confused with maternity wear. Nice job. Pleas make another. Go Girl!!
Margie T said... (3/9/10 7:24 AM) Reply
I love your skirt. You look great in it.
mhk3boys said... (3/8/10 10:13 PM) Reply
Your skirt is very pretty! You look great!
Rhoda K said... (3/8/10 8:34 PM) Reply
I love your skirt - actually the complete outfit. Sorry you had such problems with it. I would think that an embroidered fabric could cause some problems, too.
Kellie R. said... (3/8/10 6:46 PM) Reply
I think the skirt is really cute! And you're right, nobody will notice the little things like the threads on the rolled hem except for you... Further, I'm thoroughly impressed that you are doing any sewing at all!!! Let alone turning out cute skirts ! :)
lamstu said... (3/8/10 5:42 PM) Reply
I like this skirt on you too. Perhaps the darker color of the fabric is more slimming than you realize? I know what you mean about missing the sewing mojo, but it's out there somewhere. Sometimes, I will sew things for other people (DD, DS, friends) for that quick jolt of success. I enjoyed reading your review!
Michelle L said... (3/8/10 3:54 PM) Reply
I think you look really great in the skirt, please don't let your difficulties with the pattern color how you see yourself in it, because you really do look fantastic.
Tenshi said... (3/8/10 3:35 PM) Reply
I second the other commenter's opinion: It looks fabulous on you! Love the fabric.
Karen6790 said... (3/8/10 12:44 PM) Reply
I think it's a fabulous skirt. So what if the pleat isn't all that visible - it's concealed by beautiful fabric and it looks really good on you. And you're right, only Burda could complicate a circle skirt. Yeesh.
Christas said... (3/8/10 12:03 PM) Reply
OH, my gosh! Eve, you are not seeing yourself correctly! You look BEEE-OOOO-TI-FUL in this! Your skirt may have caused you grief, but it was worth it for how nice it looks on you. Pleeeeease go look at yourself in the mirror again!

Made By Rae Parsley Pants