Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2908 (Women's Stretch Jeans)

Reviewed by:susiestitcher

About susiestitcherstar
GA USA
Member since: 1/25/08

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:3/16/10 3:58 PM
Last Updated:3/16/10 4:00 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 38 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
allycovey said... (9/24/11 11:40 AM) Reply
Okay I am sold I am goign to spend the money and wait the time for the Jalie Pattern Our fit seems to be really similar
Mahler said... (4/8/10 1:24 PM) Reply
Wonderful jeans on you. I love the look on you. Also, I am in love with your hair. I stopped colouring my hair in 2008 and I am happy to see other daring to be young looking and beautiful with grey hair.
Carolyn C said... (3/29/10 6:05 PM) Reply
Excellent, detailed review. Thank you for the diligent description of sewing for a small bottom. I think this will help me as I sew my Jalie jeans, since I'm in the world's flattest bum club. I have some pocket ideas to borrow from RTW to try to increase the "backage." If I ever get these jeans sewn I'll post if it was a success. Thanks for your great review.
Annette1 said... (3/25/10 10:55 PM) Reply
What a GREAT review! And your JEANS are sheer PERFECTION, EVERY LITTLE DETAIL. GREAT idea for your pocket design, too. :o)
Skymom said... (3/20/10 5:41 PM) Reply
Great work--and whatever remarks you make about your backside, you look really cute and youthful in these jeans. They certainly do justice to your long legs! (Also--off-topic--I really like your hair.) Thanks for the detailed review.
Tishlishl said... (3/18/10 6:08 PM) Reply
I've had everything ready to go since mid-February. I need to take the plunge. You are too funny! Thanks for the great review.
xenaprincesslawyer said... (3/18/10 10:52 AM) Reply
This pattern is getting more and more tempting to try!
Heidi Ho said... (3/18/10 0:21 AM) Reply
Your jeans turned out terrific!!! Great review too. You are so lucky to have such nice long legs and those jeans really are super flattering!! Great job on the topstitching and pocket design.
Olivia Sews said... (3/17/10 9:59 PM) Reply
I turned on my computer tonight just to see if you wrote your review!! Great review!!
Dobedowawa said... (3/17/10 5:09 PM) Reply
The jeans look FABULOUS. Thank you very much for a great, GREAT review! Will definately follow all the pointers ... have cut, am about to start sewing ....
susiestitcher said... (3/17/10 3:30 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the comments. I really had a great time sewing these jeans and writing the review. Nancy K, I DO have a terrible time buying RTW. I can wear men's jeans really well but they are not very fashionable. I am excited and hope to make more.
Nancy K said... (3/17/10 3:22 PM) Reply
Fantastic jeans! They look great on you. I'll bet you have a hell of a time finding rtw to fit you and now you can make a pair that seriously looks rtw.
fattyboomboom said... (3/17/10 2:33 PM) Reply
Great job on an exquisite review and a gorgeous pair of jeans! Your perseverance is truly inspiring--as is your incredible topstitching!
MelissaB in WA said... (3/17/10 12:47 PM) Reply
Awesome review and fabulous jeans!
quathy said... (3/17/10 11:41 AM) Reply
I feel like I was right there sewing with you! Thanks for all the wonderful detailed info!
renren said... (3/17/10 11:00 AM) Reply
Thanks for such a detailed review. I'm still not certain this pattern is meant for my body type, but you've pushed me a little closer to making the purchase . . . just in case this is a pattern I really need!
Elke said... (3/17/10 10:23 AM) Reply
Great looking jeans and a very helpful review!
JEF said... (3/17/10 10:13 AM) Reply
Great review (esp. the zipper word replacement tip), great jeans, great pocket design. Thank you!!!
kerrynw said... (3/17/10 9:39 AM) Reply
Fantastic review! Wonderful jeans, great fit and perfect topstitching!
Deepika said... (3/17/10 8:45 AM) Reply
Thank you thank you thank you for pointing out the zipper correction. That is the only thing which I don't like about this pattern. I will fix it next time. The pocket design is fab! Isn't this a great pattern?
VtMartha said... (3/17/10 8:36 AM) Reply
Fantastic review! Made even better by the fact that I'm about to try this pattern and you and I have very similar shapes.
becca a said... (3/17/10 7:56 AM) Reply
Wonderful jeans! They are so flattering. Excellent, informative review!
Patzee said... (3/17/10 0:20 AM) Reply
Very helpful review. Not too verbose for me!
Barbara V said... (3/17/10 0:15 AM) Reply
An incredible pair of jeans and incredibly thorough and helpful review. Fantastic job and marvelous fit!
DreinPA said... (3/16/10 11:22 PM) Reply
***Stands up and claps***
Time4me said... (3/16/10 11:22 PM) Reply
LOVE the pockets. What an amazing result and an equally amazing review.
Sew4Fun said... (3/16/10 11:11 PM) Reply
Brilliant review! Thanks so much for all the details and photos. Love your jeans too.
TallBean said... (3/16/10 10:42 PM) Reply
You have given us a wealth of information here! The jeans look wonderful and the fit is exact!!! When I get around to my Jalie jeans pattern, I'm sure I'll be reading your review many many times!
ElaineSews said... (3/16/10 8:48 PM) Reply
Incredibly well-written review. And the jeans look absolutely awesome on you!!
homejewel said... (3/16/10 6:17 PM) Reply
I cannot believe how nice your jeans turned out. Utterly amazed!!! They are wonderful. I'm so excited for you! Excellent review with helpful tips. I'm coming to yours first if/when I start my first pair of jeans. Thank you!
RadarRadiance said... (3/16/10 5:58 PM) Reply
Great review and they look fantastic on you. Thanks for all your work with the review!
birdmcfarland said... (3/16/10 5:43 PM) Reply
Honestly, this is one of the nicest garments I've seen on here...but, then again, I am always in awe of people who can make jeans. Fabulous.
Christas said... (3/16/10 5:42 PM) Reply
If there was a "VERY VERY HELPFUL" rating, I would click it! This is such an excellent review. Your pants look extra FANTASTIC!
no7262 said... (3/16/10 5:31 PM) Reply
Wow! They look awesome on you! You also did a wonderful job of giving a GREAT review! Nora :)
DaisyEsq said... (3/16/10 4:55 PM) Reply
Fantastic review. The back pocket design is genius because it gives the back a "lift."

by: yummymummy...