Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1097 (1097- Boudour Bliss Lounging)

Reviewed by:Lee Ann Hawkins

About Lee Ann Hawkinsstar
IN USA
Member since: 1/11/03
Posted on:3/15/10 3:37 AM
Last Updated:3/15/10 4:37 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 47 people
JillyBe said... (9/1/10 9:15 PM) Reply
What an excellent review! I popped in here just because I was curious about the controversy over Hot Patterns, & this review is VERY helpful!!!! And what fabulissima pyjamas!!!
Athene said... (3/28/10 0:48 AM) Reply
Fabulous PJs and thank you for the very informative and positive review .
kbrock said... (3/22/10 12:11 PM) Reply
Thanks for the very complete review, not only of the pattern, but also an inexpensive source for the fabric. Yesterday I traced off this pattern and planned to look for fabric today. Your review addressed most of the questions rolling around in my mind about the construction. The pictures are fabulous! Thanks again!
PsychedOnSewing said... (3/17/10 12:35 PM) Reply
LeeAnn, This sure beats a tuna salad on ww while slaving over a gigantic spreadsheet - what another world. Gorgeous! And a mini vaca from the grittier side of life. ("I must remember this...") Just a beautiful job and a great review. Chris
Twinset said... (3/17/10 9:57 AM) Reply
How great! You and your daughter look like two movie stars! Fabulous, and excellent review!
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (3/16/10 9:16 PM) Reply
Absolutely stunning. And you two look beautiful wearing these. Thanks for this great review.
waltzqueen said... (3/16/10 6:23 PM) Reply
What a great review! And you both look gorgeous - Hollywood here you come! I appreciate all the details (information) and comments (fun!) and the essential photos as well. Enjoy!
Mahogany Stylist said... (3/16/10 1:38 PM) Reply
Excellent review and I lounge wear is outstanding. So retro; so chic. You look fabulous!
becca a said... (3/16/10 11:06 AM) Reply
You and dd are very glamorous in your new swanky pjs. Thanks for the excellent and thorough review.
KathleenS said... (3/16/10 7:53 AM) Reply
Gorgeous. I like the subtle contrast.
Kayabunga said... (3/16/10 6:33 AM) Reply
Totally fabulous review! I've had my eye on this pattern and now it's in the 'must have' category. I love the way Hot Patterns are drafted. Trudy is a genius and you did an awesome job in the execution. Many thanks for sharing your experience. :)
Sharon1952 said... (3/16/10 6:27 AM) Reply
How absolutely fun and yet divine!
Terri A said... (3/16/10 1:40 AM) Reply
One of the most helpful HP reviews I have read. Thank you so much. Also, you have convinced me to try to make these:-)
Elizabeth made this said... (3/16/10 0:42 AM) Reply
Lovely! I have this pattern and fabric for it in my stash. I'm glad to see how well they turned out for you.
Raye Ann said... (3/16/10 0:22 AM) Reply
beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! i love the styling of the pattern. it looks like pure 1940s hollywood glamour.
Kathy in NM said... (3/15/10 11:04 PM) Reply
These are great! And yes, we do deserve to spoil ourselves at the end of the day. How fun!!! Congrats on making such wonderful loungeware!
SusiM said... (3/15/10 10:51 PM) Reply
How classically stylish, and you both look like models!
erinw83 said... (3/15/10 10:28 PM) Reply
Must. Have. Now. Awesome pyjamas!
Dmd4106 said... (3/15/10 9:53 PM) Reply
Love the mother daughter duo! So luxe !
nellc said... (3/15/10 6:15 PM) Reply
Fabulous pyjamas! I love your photos, you both look so glamorous.
JAS said... (3/15/10 3:16 PM) Reply
Thanks for showing all the in-progress photos, very helpful. You both look very glamorous.
Markie1 said... (3/15/10 2:53 PM) Reply
What a great review! I have never wanted to make these pajamas...er...lounging ensemble before, but now, I HAVE to make them for myself and my girls! You both look so cute...and by the way, like sisters!
Paris75008 said... (3/15/10 2:46 PM) Reply
Absolute, total glamor! I LOVE them. And what a great idea to use the reverse side of the satin as the contrast band. I think I'm going to "borrow" that one for a skirt project I'm planning.
cindyann said... (3/15/10 2:06 PM) Reply
Wow, you really make me want to buy this pattern! Really great pj's and review.
michellep74 said... (3/15/10 12:49 PM) Reply
Absolutely fabulous pajamas! These are gorgeous!
DorothyK said... (3/15/10 12:26 PM) Reply
Glamorous and exciting. Looks comfortable, too. Great review.
merry-one said... (3/15/10 11:25 AM) Reply
Wonderful pyjamas and great review! Love them.
jent said... (3/15/10 10:00 AM) Reply
I love them!
Hilary said... (3/15/10 9:43 AM) Reply
These are gorgeous pajamas!! LOVE them!!
Passion4Sewing said... (3/15/10 8:37 AM) Reply
They look luxurious! You look like you're both having a lot of fun with them. Nice job!
Allie in Hong Kong said... (3/15/10 7:02 AM) Reply
These are absolutely fantastic - I bet they just make you want to lounge around in luxury. Excellent review too!
ElizabethDee said... (3/15/10 6:37 AM) Reply
fabulous pyjamas, fabulous photos, and fabulous review! thanks for all the very helpful pointers.
Sew4Fun said... (3/15/10 5:32 AM) Reply
Oh my goodness, how totally Hollywood! I L-O-V-E these!! Your fabric choice is perfect and I love how you used the reverse side as a contrast, although I wouldn't dare sleep in them. They are far too nice. :) Talk about divine. People would pay hundreds and hundreds of dollars for something similar in the stores. Nice job! I love the photo with your daughter too, priceless!
sugarduck said... (3/15/10 4:27 AM) Reply
Too cute! These are some great looking diva pyjamas.

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2012-118