Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6959 (Child Dresses)

Reviewed by:Larisa

About Larisastarstarstar
VA USA
Member since: 7/15/05
Posted on:3/15/10 5:13 PM

See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)
meltob said... (3/30/10 9:25 PM) Reply
I am so happy to have read your review. I bought this pattern last week to make my daughter a dress. It wont be done in time for Easter but will be a beautiful "every day" dress anyways. Thanks for the heads up about the elastic on the sleeves. I will let you know how mine turns out.
ClaireEmily said... (3/17/10 5:15 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dresses! I really like both versions.
Larisa said... (3/16/10 3:35 PM) Reply
ok, re-read the instructions...after having to re-purchase the pattern since the original is MIA. Elastic is not supposed to go through the entire edge of the sleeve. NOw, I *know* I read and re-read the instructions, so how I missed this is beyond me. Either way, DD loves the dress without the puffy sleeves (said puffy is for LITTLE girls and she's a BIG girl). Thanks for all the compliments!
Sandi S said... (3/16/10 0:14 AM) Reply
both dresses are lovely - hadn't noticed this pattern before, but I agree that it's a good one for size adjustments.
jannw said... (3/15/10 11:27 PM) Reply
such pretty dresses..I'm glad she likes them..the ribbons add a nice touch
renren said... (3/15/10 11:09 PM) Reply
Both dresses are very, very cute. I'm sure dd will love wearing them!
katlew03 said... (3/15/10 7:37 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern last week. I can see that yours turned out really nice. Cute dress in a pretty fabric.
newmama said... (3/15/10 6:57 PM) Reply
That's really interesting that the pattern called for 5" for arm elastic. I'm making a size 1/2 for my daughter's Easter dress, and it wants 7 3/4" for the arms and it goes up 1/4" each size. I'm glad it worked out for you though, it's perfect for spring!

More Knits