Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5929

Posted on:3/16/10 0:50 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

Vesta Patterns

lisalu said... (12/6/10 3:47 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse! It turned out great and looks wonderful on you. I am thinking about making this one myself.
sewtime said... (3/18/10 11:49 AM) Reply
Darling blouse!!
BettyMike said... (3/17/10 6:21 PM) Reply
I kinda like it long sleeved with the sleeves rolled up. Love that look. I think the top looks great, and I love the fabric. Wonder if there's any left!
mhk3boys said... (3/17/10 8:36 AM) Reply
Wow! Your top looks so great! I made this top also and it 2 muslins for me to get the fit right.
SusiM said... (3/17/10 1:27 AM) Reply
Love the bias ruffle! Looks great on you.
Laurasews said... (3/17/10 0:54 AM) Reply
I think you did a great ob of fitting. When I look at this on you, I know I would be willing to buy something like this in the stores. This is rare. You should be proud....not surprised. We are not all made alike. Great job!!!!
Leslie Bonner said... (3/16/10 8:16 PM) Reply
This is a pattern that I wouldn't have picked but, after seeing yours, I would love to try it. It's unfortunate that it didn't fit right out of the envelope but you certainly did a great job because it looks fabulous on you.
FreyaStark said... (3/16/10 4:36 PM) Reply
It looks pretty good to me, although perhaps a bit loose-fitting in the shoulders. I would wear it anyway if I were you. Do try the pattern again - the next one will be even better!
KristenI said... (3/16/10 2:51 PM) Reply
Thank you all! Robyn, most definitely like it better rolled up. :)
RadarRadiance said... (3/16/10 10:49 AM) Reply
I love it on you especially your fabric choice. I also have the pattern but haven't sewn it yet, others also stated shoulder adjustments needed!
blue mooney said... (3/16/10 9:54 AM) Reply
Looks be-you-ti-full! Your workmanship is great - too bad the pattern needed so much tweaking. Do you like it better with the sleeves rolled up?
Paris75008 said... (3/16/10 7:49 AM) Reply
I think it looks absolutely lovely on you. Well done.
SewSho said... (3/16/10 4:00 AM) Reply
Plaid is 'in' this season! Thx for the review I've been looking at this pattern:)
MaryDB said... (3/16/10 1:14 AM) Reply
Well, all the fussing with the fit sure seems worth it - that's a great-looking blouse. Nice work.
mesewlot said... (3/16/10 1:02 AM) Reply
Kristen you did such a great job on your top. I'm sure the 3/4 length sleeve is just as great on tou
The Technique of Underlining Garments