Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> J Stern Designs> 0037W (Women's Jeans)

Reviewed by:Patti B

About Patti Bstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/29/02
Posted on:4/3/10 2:02 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 30 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Kathi R said... (4/17/11 12:11 PM) Reply
Thanks Patti - this pattern has been gathering dust in my stash and I'm ready to tackle a new jeans pattern....your insights are very helpful. After reading the instructions for the fly I was going to just use my standard KS instructions, but with your encouragement I'll give this method a try.
Cultured Purl said... (4/12/10 4:16 PM) Reply
Patti~ I like the way the jeans fit you! Been debating between Jalie or this pattern company, have you ever made the Jalie Jeans? ( as a basis for comparison here?) thanks,,,,,, ( your jeans really DO look great on you!
Terri A said... (4/7/10 0:43 AM) Reply
You did a great great job on these! So inspiring!
pterion said... (4/4/10 11:35 PM) Reply
Great looking jeans! I love the contrasting facing and the style really looks RTW.
Michele Lommasson said... (4/4/10 3:57 PM) Reply
I would like to say that I would never sew the fly shut on a pair of jeans, since I am an experienced seamstress (I even teach sewing techniques), but I would be tempting fate. I have managed to make about every mistake in the book during my long sewing career. Thanks for sharing with us. Your jeans look very nice.
maryfrana said... (4/4/10 11:55 AM) Reply
These pants look fabulous, perfect fit. I have never made jeans, feeling I wouldn't be able to make them look RTW, but these...wow. Maybe I should try.
JDpenelope said... (4/4/10 10:28 AM) Reply
Amazing! Your sewing is impeccable. Thanks for pointing out this pattern company. I want to try this pattern, but I've learned that my skills lag considerably behind yours!
lynny said... (4/4/10 3:04 AM) Reply
Thank-you for your review, your jeans look great on you. I have the Jalie jeans pattern which I am just about to start on, perhaps this might be a better option as I prefer jeans just that little bit more roomy!
Lee Ann Hawkins said... (4/4/10 1:14 AM) Reply
Beautiful workmanship Patti, and great fit too!
Annette1 said... (4/4/10 1:14 AM) Reply
I LOVE your jeans, ESPECIALLY the cut of the leg. I've never even heard of this pattern company, but now I think I HAVE to have this pattern. :o) You did a GREAT job on these. :o)
Heidi Ho said... (4/3/10 10:17 PM) Reply
Great looking jeans. That pattern is very flattering!
AnneMarie60 said... (4/3/10 8:34 PM) Reply
Great job! Fabulous jeans. Thanks for writing such an informative review.
Lori V said... (4/3/10 7:05 PM) Reply
Nice job on the jeans, they look great on you.
sew2little said... (4/3/10 4:50 PM) Reply
These look good, Patti! All of you jeans sewers are weakening my resolve to never sew jeans!
carolynw said... (4/3/10 4:47 PM) Reply
Wowee!! You should enjoy wearing them - look really great on you and I see your really good work!! Very helpful review - laughed at the sewn up fly incident - doing something similar today and thought why oh why did I ignore the instructions - nothing bad but it would have been easier if I had not gone off on my own
Lynn67 said... (4/3/10 2:26 PM) Reply
These look great - love your red facing! I'll have to check out this pattern - never heard of it.
fattyboomboom said... (4/3/10 2:20 PM) Reply
Nice jeans and helpful review!

Contest Travel Wardrobe Contest