Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Last Updated:4/4/10 3:56 PM

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

Auntie Allyn said... (7/18/10 6:22 AM) Reply
This pattern came from the April 2010 Burda Style.
sewslow67 said... (7/17/10 7:01 PM) Reply
I can't seem to figure out which issue of Burda Style this pattern came from. Would you please clarify? Thanks.
sewslow67 said... (7/17/10 2:31 PM) Reply
Allyn, I always appreciate your reviews as you get the point yet give enough information to be most helpful. Your dress (as are all of your other garments) is beautiful and looks lovely on you. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your projects that inspire us all.
Auntie Allyn said... (5/13/10 7:35 AM) Reply
GSP, I attended a conference in Arusha, Tanzania and bought fabric in the marketplace in town. It was QUITE the experience dealing with the vendors, but it was just amazing to see the different fabrics. If you go to Arusha, take cash . . . hardly anyplace (except the hotels) take credit cards!
gsp1066 said... (5/12/10 7:09 PM) Reply
I am planning a trip to Tanzania in Dec 2010 and I was looking at this dress, too. Thanks for the review and I will definitely try this pattern. Where did you go and where did you buy fabric?
katharin said... (4/23/10 9:26 AM) Reply
Thank you for this review. I was wondering about this dress, now I really want to make it. I love all your dresses.
Auntie Allyn said... (4/6/10 8:01 PM) Reply
I don't think the pleats add too much volume to the tummy area . . . give it a shot!! I think you'll like the dress . . . I do!
Kim12469 said... (4/5/10 8:15 PM) Reply
I almost traced this but was worried about the front pleats adding volume to the tummy area. Does it? Your version is so cute it really makes me want to make it!
Auntie Allyn said... (4/4/10 8:46 PM) Reply
Billie Jean, I did not raise the neckline. It's a bit low and shows a little cleavage (if you have it, and I don't have much), so you might want to think about raising the neckline.
1betsy1 said... (4/4/10 7:34 PM) Reply
What a beautiful dress. This is on my "Next to Sew list". Thank you
BillieJean said... (4/4/10 6:48 PM) Reply
This is just beautiful. I've been looking at this pattern. Did you raise the neckline? It looks like it might be a little low for my taste.
Nan Kay said... (4/4/10 5:40 PM) Reply
Thanks, I should have mentioned I am planning to make it out of ITTY! I have a border print that needs a straight hem line!
Auntie Allyn said... (4/4/10 5:03 PM) Reply
Nan Kay, yes, I did use a zipper in the back. This dress is somewhat fitted, so you NEED a zipper in the back if you're using woven fabric!
Nan Kay said... (4/4/10 4:32 PM) Reply
I was think about making this, and am curious if you used the zipper, I can't tell from the picture if it is needed! I like what you did with the sleeve, I am a little mature for puffy sleeves. Your print is great.
nellc said... (4/4/10 3:27 PM) Reply
Lovely dress, I liked this style in the magazine so it is great to see a review of it. I love the print you have used.
Michele Lommasson said... (4/4/10 3:24 PM) Reply
Cute dress!
Elona said... (4/4/10 3:18 PM) Reply
Could you post a pic of the dress as it appears in the magazine, for those of us without Burda?

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS