Pattern Reviews> Other> Duvet Cover (Duvet Cover)

Reviewed by:Donnamae

About Donnamaestar
CO USA
Member since: 3/20/03
Posted on:4/4/04 9:01 PM
Last Updated:4/4/04 9:01 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
JDpenelope said... (4/10/04 9:22 AM) Reply
Donnamae, Oh thanks for the link. I will study it and compare with my instructions. I have also used velcro for keeping the insides from shifting. I read somewhere about adding a ruffle around the bottom of the cover, in case the cover isn't big enough to mask all of the mattress and springs. Another option that I have done: Sew a coordinating ruffle to a mattress cover, then install it on top of the springs (and under the mattress). This also hides any unslightly mattress/springs box stuff.
Annette H said... (4/6/04 4:52 PM) Reply
Donamae, I went through a phase of making artistic duvet covers. With panels of Indian sari fabric , with stripes on one side and hearts on the other - I had a lot of fun. But double-bed size really is a lot of fabric to handle. I'm about to make a single size in a natural linen - I also make the pillow cases to mix and match. People love them!
Donnamae said... (4/6/04 12:00 PM) Reply
Penelope, the link to the directions is the pattern photo. You are right about getting exactly what you want by making it yourself. I am happy with the results.
JDpenelope said... (4/6/04 8:24 AM) Reply
Donnamae, where did you get your instructions? I know what you mean about the time and expense of making one of these! But, problem is, it's difficult to find exactly what you want sometimes. Now that it's done, it's worth it, don't you think--even if you wouldn't do it again! I like your button idea and agree about the ties. You remind me that I really *must* make the 2nd of two matching fleece covers. I used a print and plain fabric (for framing borders). I added panels at the top and bottom, which increased the complexity of the math logarithmically!
AnneM said... (4/5/04 8:18 PM) Reply
The cats had to make certain to get their fur on it! Wow, 10 yards. I can see someone using this in multiple fabrics to reduce their fabric stash. :p

Simplicity A1738 OOP

by: lbrundage

Sew Chic Knapsack Pattern (ln100)

Sew Chic Knapsack Pattern (ln100)

The Essential Tote Paper Pattern