Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8607 (Pants)

Reviewed by:eodwif

About eodwif
Member since: 7/30/03
Posted on:4/5/04 10:19 AM
Last Updated:4/5/04 10:24 AM
See other patterns in this category: Pants

cynthia w said... (5/3/04 2:46 PM) Reply
I am a fellow Utahan. Do you live in Utah County, like I do? If so, tell me your favorite place to buy fabric. It is slim-pickins here in Provo except for Joann's. Email me at [email protected]
MsConnie said... (4/19/04 10:00 PM) Reply
Your pants look great! I have made these pants 4 times myself & I love love love them! The pattern photo looks very low cut, but they fit me perfectly. I shortened the length about 1" & it was all they needed. All of them are from fairly drapey fabric - the linen pair is too large, so I'll need to adjust them before wearing this year. My least favorite choice was the "muslin" I made from a Hawaiian printed sheet - a little too stiff! And I've been sewing over 40 years, so it's an ongoing process to get the perfect match!
Hilary said... (4/5/04 5:32 PM) Reply
Cute pants! I agree fabric choices make a huge difference, and it does take some practice (I think a class would be great for new sewists) I always had trouble with that and just recently started getting better results~ Mini's idea is a good one~I always take a potential fabric to the mirror and drape it over myself to see if I like it. Since I started doing that I have actually been able to (happily) wear the things I make :o)
Mini said... (4/5/04 3:52 PM) Reply
This look like another excellent Burda pants pattern that I will have to try. Fabric does make a difference! Usually, I find that a smooth fabric is more slimming, and a napped (fuzzy) surface adds visual weight. But if you wear the red pair with a longer smooth fabric top, the pants will look slimmer. Sometimes you can test for "fat" or "skinny" fabric in advance just by draping the intended fabric on your figure and taking a candid look in the mirror.
CarrieA said... (4/5/04 11:34 AM) Reply
Oh boy, can I relate to choosing the right fabric! I think I'm about 50/50 when it comes to that. My wadders are usually due to fabric choice, not so much construction, so I totally agree that a class in that makes great sense. If we analyze your fabric choices, did the green have more body (or less drape) than the red?
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (4/5/04 10:38 AM) Reply
Your pants look great! I must have skipped over this one in the catalog. Sometimes I can make the same pattern,no changes, but with a different fabric get an entire different look...and fit! We are all in the same boat! :)

You Sew Girl Adult Hats Pattern