Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 08-2009-123 (Carrot Pants)

Reviewed by:Catbird

About Catbirdstarstar
NY USA
Member since: 9/7/04
Posted on:4/25/10 9:54 PM
Last Updated:4/25/10 10:03 PM
Kay Y said... (5/1/10 2:59 PM) Reply
Hey, these pants are being made by more people! Yay! Needless to say I got a kick out of your review :)
eugenia123 said... (4/27/10 10:24 AM) Reply
I love how the garments that you make are always so interesting and carefully chosen. Even though these pants are not your normal style they really work for you - you clearly have a special instinct for what will look good on you. They look so cool and elegant but also very comfortable - what more could you ask from a pair of pants. As always, your review was wonderfully helpful.
madronadesign said... (4/27/10 2:16 AM) Reply
love these! I tried on a pair in the mall made of a soft, washed, still fairly substantial silk (in a chamois colour). How bout that for your next pair? That's what I'm on the lookout for, and definitely I'll be looking at your excellent inspiration (and Kay's).
Karendee said... (4/26/10 3:23 PM) Reply
Janie, what a delightful post with your trendy "carrot pants." To my eye, these are so modified from the Hammer pants of the 80's and present quite a trendy look. I agree with Annette about the white linen pants using this pattern; it would be a perfect look. Honestly, could you look bad in anything? I think not, but your expertise is sewing is evident in all your garments. Thanks for the upclose look at the pants details and your sewing table/desk. The review is most helpful!!!
Peggy L said... (4/26/10 12:57 PM) Reply
These pants look so great on you. You have the figure and the height to wear this style so well. Beautiful construction and wonderful review.
jaeng said... (4/26/10 8:26 AM) Reply
I love it. I'm glad that you made it.
Sarsez said... (4/26/10 1:59 AM) Reply
Great pants. On my list of things to do - but as comfy outdoor work pants!
pterion said... (4/25/10 11:25 PM) Reply
I have to admit, when I saw this pattern in the magazine I wondered who this style would look good on, but these pants really are flattering on you. Great review with some really helpful links.
Heidi Ho said... (4/25/10 10:50 PM) Reply
Those turned out very nicely!! I really need to try this pattern!! Great review. My desk looks a lot like your sewing table!!
Annette1 said... (4/25/10 10:17 PM) Reply
I LOVED Kay's pants, and I LOVE yours, too. :o) And I agree, if we could clone Kay AND YOU, we'd all be a few steps ahead -- ha! Your construction is impeccable, as usual, and I REALLY like the silhoutte on you. These would be AWESOME in white linen, don't you think? :o) AND I now have another use for my music stand -- ha!
Christas said... (4/25/10 10:04 PM) Reply
Janie, these aren't your normal style, but they look great on you! I really like them A LOT! As for your sewing table - I am sooo glad you showed that picture! We're TWINKIES! All I have to do is borrow Bernard's music stand (he plays trumpet - surely he won't miss it!) and then my sewing will be sooo much easier!!! Excellent review as always!

Understanding Wool Fabrics