Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8650 (Misses' Top)

Reviewed by:mastdenman

About mastdenmanstar
Member since: 1/12/04
Posted on:4/28/10 0:04 AM
Last Updated:4/28/10 0:07 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people

Phillis2 said... (4/26/12 4:43 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review. You are so right about the neckline. I'm in the midst of making this and will complete it but I can already see it's not going to be one of my favorites. Thank goodness I purchased this Vogue pattern on sale!!!
pammieh said... (8/1/10 3:11 AM) Reply
I just made and discarded this pattern - I didn't take a picture I was so disappointed. I saw your review but thought big deal in an hour or two I'll know if it is working . . . 4 hours later it still wasn't - my second wadder of the year. Bummer. Thanks for the review makes me feel better - I think the pattern is not drafted well.
JETrinity said... (7/3/10 5:28 PM) Reply
Thank you for your comment "Also the pleats were not even". I am a retired math teacher of high school and college. It drove me crazy when I did the pleats until I figured out they were 1.375, 1.3125, 1.5, 1.1875, 1.3125, (center front) 1.3125, 1.1875, 1.5, 1.3125, 1.375. Silly me did not read pattern review before doing this blouse.
diane s said... (6/3/10 12:39 PM) Reply
I appreciate the review, I have this pattern and was checking out fabric choices. The pattern only lists 3, lightweight crepe, tissue faille and lightweight jersey, I'll guess I'll stick with one of those.
Lucy in Virginia said... (5/26/10 3:54 PM) Reply
I am so sorry this didn't work. The fabric is so lovely and I think you did a nice job on the pleats of showing off the flowers on the fabric. Too bad. Thanks for the review.
sewtime said... (5/1/10 11:45 AM) Reply
Sorry, It looks so pretty!!
mastdenman said... (4/30/10 10:45 AM) Reply
I did like the idea of the pleats, but think they would work out better in a woven fabric.
nicegirl said... (4/29/10 6:07 PM) Reply
Oh man, that is too bad! I'm so sorry this didn't work out for you. For what it's worth, I think the pleats look great.
Jane S said... (4/29/10 9:15 AM) Reply
Disappointing but thanks for the warning. I too love the neckline but think the overall shape wouldn't work for me.
Laurie Lou said... (4/28/10 3:57 PM) Reply
I LOVE that fabric too! I had the exact same reults form a Vogue that was very similar in design on the neck with the pleats and I was very dissapointed. I hope you like it enuf to wear tho cuz it still is a pretty top!
marec said... (4/28/10 11:04 AM) Reply
Ditto on what wreninrome said. That fabric is lovely. Thanks for the info on this pattern.
wreninrome said... (4/28/10 10:31 AM) Reply
sorry it didn't work out for you...hopefully you can salvage the lovely fabric

Children's Corner 281: Rose