Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 03-2010-136 (pencil skirt)

Reviewed by:msladyj

About msladyjstar
WI USA
Member since: 1/14/07
Posted on:4/28/10 0:14 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Sweater knit fabrics

Jane S said... (4/29/10 9:14 AM) Reply
Yes, such a flattering skirt design and the lining really makes this so versatile and chic.
msladyj said... (4/28/10 6:11 PM) Reply
The reason I will line all my skirts in the future is they seam to lay so much nicer. The lining also seems to make the skirt fall nicely over all my extra fluff. Not to mention that I don't have to wear a separate slip. :)
RLL said... (4/28/10 11:49 AM) Reply
Oh this skirt looks so good, top too! I just recently heard that straight or pencil skirts are best for plus size, fluffy middle ladies and you are second to state that. I too am rectangle/apple shape. This is such a timely review for me, as I have decided to wear something more than pants this summer (shorts are out of the question) and wondered about sundresses and skirts. I have read your blog and you said you will line all skirts in the future but you do not say why. May I ask what you like about it so much?
Patti B said... (4/28/10 10:38 AM) Reply
Isn't it great to finish a garment and just love it? This looks good on you and will get lots of use. Love the little side darts.

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS
Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

Veronica Pocketbook Paper Pattern