Pattern Reviews> McCall's> vintage 6667

Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:4/29/10 12:33 PM
Last Updated:4/29/10 12:39 PM

Amanda S. said... (5/7/10 1:10 AM) Reply
Great skirt! Love that ruffle down the side.
fourkid said... (5/3/10 1:42 PM) Reply
Very nice - I too can see this in a nice flow-y summer fabric.
AnneM said... (5/2/10 9:35 PM) Reply
Some vintage patterns are just so great, they could be from any era. This certainly fits that category. Great job.
JEF said... (5/1/10 9:43 AM) Reply
I think this skirt is just stunning. I really love it. PLEASE don't avoid the drape on the next skirt - that is what makes this such a knock out. I'm with colorkitten: just don't wear the second version to work if you think it's too distinctive. I'd wear it. Who cares if people know you have 2 fantastic looking skirts????
sugarduck said... (5/1/10 5:24 AM) Reply
I really like this skirt. The drape on the side is so lovely and looks really modern to me. Great job with all of the alterations!
Margaret said... (4/30/10 12:26 PM) Reply
Nicely done, great work making it your size! I've had the same experience with the length of other 40s patterns, so I would guess they were just made overly long....
arianamaniacs said... (4/30/10 3:24 AM) Reply
I really like that flap on the skirt, nice job!
MagpieJen said... (4/29/10 9:40 PM) Reply
All your hard work paid off - that skirt manages to be both smart and swishy at the same time! :-) You look fantastic in it! How strange that there was that much length to it - I agree with you, the envelope shows a skirt that hits just below the knee, and 1940s women were, if anything, shorter than now!
colorkitten said... (4/29/10 2:15 PM) Reply
nice job, especially given all the alteration work you had to do! I'd do a summer one with the drape -- maybe just don't wear it to work?

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS