Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7517 (DRESS)

Reviewed by:gsp1066

About gsp1066star
Member since: 2/25/04
Posted on:4/24/11 5:00 PM
Last Updated:4/24/11 5:50 PM

trumbelina said... (3/7/12 2:37 PM) Reply
I couldn't agree more with your final assessment. My version of this travesty didn't get it past the muslin stage. I have a small bust, and I believe that was my biggest problem. Those large waist/neck pleats don't get filled up with bust, and if you make them smaller (as in a sba), the design lines are kind-of ruined.
gsp1066 said... (4/26/11 1:02 PM) Reply
@Raye Ann No, I made this dress last year. The one we tissue fit last week fits beautifully. I finished hemming it last night and I love it. Thanks so much for your help. How was your dress?
Vintage Joan said... (4/25/11 9:56 AM) Reply
Sorry you didn't like this pattern -- your dress looks fabulous, though!! I still may give this try, since the other reviewers all like it and everyone's results are so nice.
eruuska said... (4/25/11 8:23 AM) Reply
Oh no! The dress does look v. cute on your dress form. Annoying it's such a bad pattern. Thanks for the warning.
Raye Ann said... (4/25/11 0:31 AM) Reply
Bummer! Hope this isn't the one we tissue fit:(
Claverie said... (4/24/11 7:10 PM) Reply
ohmygosh, I can't believe you dislike it so. your dress looks great (from here) ;)
barebear said... (4/24/11 5:16 PM) Reply
Your dress looks nothing like the (poor) photo on the pattern envelope. It looks really cute on the dress form (and I like how your styled it with the belt), though. I'm sorry it didn't work out at all. Thanks for the warning!
JanineMck said... (4/24/11 5:12 PM) Reply
a pity because it does look good on the dummy

by: chika85