Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2047

Reviewed by:Jan B.

About Jan B.
IL USA
Posted on:4/19/04 5:26 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Needs More Info by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people

kimbmissouri said... (11/29/06 10:56 AM) Reply
Your finished garments are very flatting to you! Thanks for your review. I am going to try this one, with alterations to a larger size - the largest available is just an 18.
sophie5477 said... (7/22/05 6:45 PM) Reply
Beautiful!!!
mizbizb said... (7/18/04 5:25 AM) Reply
I need an interview suit and this is one of the patterns that I've been considering. Nice to know someone who has made it. It looks good on you - I'm off to buy it (not yet - it's just 6:25 a.m.!)
Jan B. said... (4/29/04 10:40 PM) Reply
Denise, sorry you have so much ease. My bust measures 35" also, however, since this is a big 4 pattern, I chose my jacket size according to my high bust measurement of 31". Therefore, I used a size 8 (I wear a 6 RTW). The pants were from another pattern, but I also used the 8-10 with them. Do you normally use a size 14 pattern?
DeniseB said... (4/28/04 11:45 AM) Reply
I was pleased with the instructions and the ease in construction. However, I chose a size 14 (I'm 35 at the chest) and according to the packaging, this size should have been perfect. I've had to purchase another pattern as this size gave over 5" in ease at the chest and I looked lost in it. The pants had 10" of ease at the hips (way too much even for loose fitting). I will try it again as I really enjoy the look of it.
Danvillegirl said... (4/20/04 5:49 AM) Reply
Nice suit and I am sure it was a hit for Easter. I like this pattern and have added to my wish list.
GorgeousFabrics said... (4/19/04 7:19 PM) Reply
Beautiful job, Jan!
AnneM said... (4/19/04 7:11 PM) Reply
Very nice. What a sharp looking pattern. And your version came out so wonderfully; you must be very pleased.
Sew it seams said... (4/19/04 7:10 PM) Reply
This is a beautiful suit! Im getting this vogue pattern too!
CarolynGM said... (4/19/04 5:50 PM) Reply
Ok. That does it. This pattern (which I have been eyeing for years), is going on my list for the Hancock's Vogue sale this weekend. Your jacket turned out beautifully and looks fantastic with those pants.

Burda 8860