Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2902 (MISSES'/MISSES' PETITE DRESS)

Reviewed by:Patty the Snug Bug

Last Updated:7/2/10 10:37 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people

barbesaintjohn said... (5/30/11 7:28 PM) Reply
I love your version! I just pulled out this pattern today to tackle, since all my sundresses are too small after a winter of living in the midwest and living on carbs. I have completely screwed up the contrast section. I am not "getting" how to sew the back and front pieces so it looks nice. Mine look awful and lumpy! I am bound and determined to make this dress and will do it as Patti suggested by altering the bodice pieces into one and appliqueing the contrast.
Kayseri said... (7/9/10 5:24 AM) Reply
Love the black and white polka dots.
carnelian said... (7/5/10 1:41 AM) Reply
Brava! Bravissima!
AuntieShel said... (7/3/10 8:50 AM) Reply
Well the dress looks fabulous and fits your MOH great despite the fabric and pattern difficulties.
ClaireEmily said... (7/2/10 6:00 PM) Reply
WOW! The polka dot dress is amazing! What a gorgeous wedding party. Congratulations =)
Laurie Lou said... (7/2/10 3:30 PM) Reply
Oh I see what you mean about the one piece strap... oh I see what you mena...poo. Thanks for pointing that out on this GREAT review with oh so fun pictures! thanks for sharing and happy wedding bliss to you both!
Aroura said... (7/2/10 12:09 PM) Reply
Despite the difficulties, it really turned out lovely! Great job!
nglalala said... (7/2/10 12:03 PM) Reply
Great dress!!
kim*brown said... (6/7/10 10:34 PM) Reply
Summer Fresh!
Patty the Snug Bug said... (5/26/10 10:00 PM) Reply
lamstu - (and anyone else interested) - the bodice pieces and the contrast piece are exactly the same at the top. You could pretty easily cut off the straps and tape them to the bodice patter pieces, and than just use the contrast piece as an actual contrast if you wanted! I might do that in the future - I think design wise it might be cuter to have the bodice and straps in the main pattern, with the contrast added in after, if you know what I mean!
lamstu said... (5/26/10 8:46 AM) Reply
I have this pattern and never sewed it. Every time it floats to the top of the pile that one piece contrast piece puts me off. Like the look, but I think your experience confirms my reluctance. But in the end, you look adorable and the aggravation was worth it.
MissTaraTara said... (5/26/10 0:02 AM) Reply
What a cheerful print, and summery too! The circle skirt falls beautifully.
Patty the Snug Bug said... (5/25/10 9:20 PM) Reply
Thanks guys - the pattern's not so bad, just boring and that dumb one-piece strap that makes for hard altering! And the fabric.... I AM wearing it to my bachelorette part, but also I have a friend who had a Hawaiian-themed wedding and I chose the fabric for that - it's not my usual style and I ended up liking it a lot!
MNBarb said... (5/25/10 9:10 PM) Reply
Cute. Sounds like a nightmare pattern.
ryansmumAria said... (5/25/10 8:32 PM) Reply
adorable and so are you!
Kathy in NM said... (5/25/10 8:06 PM) Reply
Wow, once again you made a great dress from a difficult pattern. Love the bright print!
Terri A said... (5/25/10 8:01 PM) Reply