Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7876 (wrap top)

Reviewed by:drsue

About drsuestarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/11/03
Skill level:Beginner

Posted on:4/23/04 2:49 PM
Last Updated:5/5/04 9:43 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 12 people

sewing up a storm said... (5/6/05 9:44 AM) Reply
I got this pattern about a month ago with some flimsey poly fabric to make view C which I love the look of but I keep going back to View A and wondering if that would look good out of silk duponi.........then I found your review. I see you made yours out of cotton so I am sure that a stiffer fabric than those recomended will work. I think I will try a muslin first out of something rather stiff in the view A. I love the way yours came out!
Schnauzer said... (5/7/04 6:51 PM) Reply
A gorgeous top drsue.The side ring looks really good too.
ReneeO said... (5/6/04 9:20 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top, Sue. I was eyeballing this recently, as well. Thanks for the link to the d-rings. :)
Katy M said... (5/6/04 0:10 AM) Reply
I dont *really* need another wrap top pattern do I? After this review YES! I love it! It's going on my wishlist! Congratulations on a gorgeous job!
marigold said... (5/5/04 5:08 PM) Reply
great looking top! i suddenly need a new top just like yours!
Debbie Spriggs said... (5/5/04 4:52 PM) Reply
I really like the added detail of the ring on the side of this top. Cute!
blue mooney said... (5/5/04 4:45 PM) Reply
I agree, yours looks much better than the pattern illustration! Sharp top!
Gigi Louis said... (5/5/04 2:41 PM) Reply
How timely, I just bought this pattern! I really love the way yours turned out.
Lisa Laree said... (5/5/04 2:14 PM) Reply
Sigh. I *almost* bought this pattern during Hancock's last 75%-off-Vogue sale, now I wish I had. Very sharp looking top!
Peggy L said... (5/5/04 2:14 PM) Reply
Glad you reviewed this top - I bought the pattern on Monday. Hope mine turns out as nice as yours. Sometimes you can get the rings at Joannes. They are hanging on the wall in the notions aisle in plastic packages.
cindyann said... (5/5/04 2:11 PM) Reply
Very nice top. I love the sleeveless version. Thank you for bringing this pattern to our attention. I'm adding to my wish list.
elka78k said... (5/5/04 2:05 PM) Reply
your top looks soooo much better than the pattern picture! I would never have even considered getting the pattern if I only saw the picture. Btw, this looks like a great pattern for large bust figures as well, as it accentuates the waistline and neckline and bias cut always looks great!
Hilary said... (5/5/04 1:55 PM) Reply
very nice! I really like this style, its so pretty. Thanks for the detailed review- and thanksJanet, for the tip on how it fits larger busts, too :o) glad to hear that, now maybe I'll have to try it.
Snowblossom said... (5/5/04 12:41 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this. I've had my eye on this pattern since the moment it appeared on their website! Views C,D, E are very similar to a top I bought from Anthropologie about a year ago (and cost $$$, I might add. But at the time, I couldn't resist. If I had had this pattern, I wouldn't have spent all that money). The top I have looks great on a large-busted figure, so this pattern should work also.
drsue said... (5/5/04 12:34 PM) Reply
Irena: I made my usual shortening alterations and this caused a shortening of the V. However, I did not do any extra shortening on the V so it is probably pretty typical of what the design is supposed to be. It is not too low. I wore it to work yesterday and it did not gape. I think the ring really helps this. also the top is described by Vogue as "very close fitting" and they caution you to make sure your measurements are accurate. My fabric also was very stable and this may also have prevented gapping. Deepika: Jacki M sold me the ring via the message board. However, since I purchased it from her I did find an online source. I will attempt to put a link on this comment but I'm not too good at that sort of thing so if I can't link I'll just give directions. Click Here
CarolynGM said... (5/5/04 11:57 AM) Reply
Like this a lot, but I've been wondering how low the V is. Do you have to do anything to keep it from gaping?
AuntieShel said... (5/5/04 11:39 AM) Reply
You must have read my mind. I just noticed this pattern in the Vogue book last night and today at lunch when I logged on to PR, there was your review. Your top is absolutely adorable and now I'll have to buy the pattern for sure.
Deepika said... (5/5/04 11:38 AM) Reply
What a great wrap top. Love how well fitted your garments are. Where did you find the ring? I've been looking for a similar ring for my pants.
SewTabby said... (5/5/04 11:32 AM) Reply
This is very nice. I've been wondering what this pattern looked like, and I like it even better now. The sleeveless view is really sharp. Thanks for the review!
Ann Smith said... (5/5/04 11:10 AM) Reply
Very attractive. Glad to see this review as I had missed this pattern....must buy it.
SandraB said... (5/5/04 11:02 AM) Reply
Very nice looking top. I am sure this will look great with your black pants.
momo said... (5/5/04 10:03 AM) Reply
Very nice top. A good addition to your wardrobe. Nice top indeed, it almost looks like a vest.

by: Jessica De...