Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4109 (Corsets and petticoats)

Reviewed by:vande

About vandestar
NA AUSTRALIA
Member since: 6/23/08
Posted on:6/5/10 8:33 AM
Last Updated:6/17/10 2:33 AM

See other patterns in this category: Formalwear
JeanJean said... (10/3/11 11:04 AM) Reply
Beautiful creation!
larpgeek said... (1/17/11 8:01 PM) Reply
I just wanted to say that seeing what you have done with this pattern is what made be want to try it. That is just too lovely.
Christas said... (9/29/10 8:34 AM) Reply
This is so lovely!
ClioBklyn said... (6/30/10 4:24 PM) Reply
GORGEOUS!!
veritate said... (6/21/10 2:01 AM) Reply
All I can say is... "stunning". This dress is absolutely stunning.
AdaH said... (6/19/10 0:31 AM) Reply
Beautiful, beautiful dress.
vande said... (6/18/10 5:35 PM) Reply
Thank you so much to all who have stopped by to comment! I can't take too much credit - It is truly a brilliant pattern, and the style and colour choices were from the girl herself (who, like Cinderella, would look brilliant even in rags!) I just plodded along VERY carefully through the pattern, and then spent so many hours handsewing that embroidered lace, found on ebay, that I have no fingertips left (lol). I have changed my skill to intermediate (but I still feel a bit of a fraud with that) - I put in my first invisible zip with this one...and that was not a great experience. I think, if you have a really good pattern, that really suits your model - and then you take a lot of time to make sure that the fit is good - and you google the sewing techniques until your brain fries, before you try them - this is the result!
RLL said... (6/18/10 12:00 PM) Reply
Exquisite! Definition: Characterized by intricate and beautiful design or execution. Yep, that sums up this dress......exquisite.
susiestitcher said... (6/18/10 8:20 AM) Reply
Totally amazing. The dress is really stunning and fits beautifully. Your work is far above Advanced Beginner! I loved seeing the young lady modeling it. You should be very proud of your masterpiece.
Mazzygirl said... (6/18/10 7:52 AM) Reply
well this turned out beautifully! I love the heart effect of the lace on the bodice too. beautifully finished, I love the back lacing too, welll I love the whole lot really! Would make a stunning wedding dress too. Brilliant effort, I'm sure the recipient was thrilled! (& she looked stunning too!)
kathleencramer said... (6/18/10 6:17 AM) Reply
Absolutly stunning. What an incredible piece of art work. This could be a wedding dress. It is absolutly exquisite. Nice work.
Leu said... (6/17/10 2:58 PM) Reply
Wow. You inspire me. I taught HS for many years. Never saw anything so beautiful at any of the dances. Very lucky young lady.
Aroura said... (6/17/10 1:53 PM) Reply
Completely amazing!
Puppy said... (6/17/10 11:26 AM) Reply
Simple, striking and absolutely FANTASTIC!
BenaeQuee said... (6/17/10 10:43 AM) Reply
Wow! That is stunning! The red embelishements with the sash, gorgeous.
AuntieShel said... (6/17/10 9:48 AM) Reply
Whoa!! That dress is absolutely stunning!!!
cindyann said... (6/17/10 9:36 AM) Reply
Breathtaking! I'm very impressed.
Mel.J said... (6/17/10 7:25 AM) Reply
That's beautiful. The lace and the sash really give this a medieval feel I just love.
ryansmumAria said... (6/17/10 3:41 AM) Reply
i'm speechless..
lesleysews said... (6/12/10 3:40 PM) Reply
wow wow wow beautiful you are truly talented
Fairy_Tinkerbell said... (6/7/10 12:24 PM) Reply
So beautiful!!
Bunsnpigs said... (6/6/10 9:22 AM) Reply
Stunning! YOu aren't really an advanced beginner, are you????
tess said... (6/6/10 7:45 AM) Reply
This is really beautiful, the emboidery is absolutely stunning! Thank you for your detailed review, extremely helpful!
Dale C said... (6/6/10 2:06 AM) Reply
Can't wait to see the finished product! It's looking beautiful.
Rhoda K said... (6/5/10 10:42 AM) Reply
So beautiful - looking forward to seeing the finished product.
RLL said... (6/5/10 10:02 AM) Reply
So gorgeous so far! Can't wait to see the finished dress. What does the young lady need it for? Prom? Prom's are over around here, in fact, school is out for summer as of last week.
Annette1 said... (6/3/10 0:09 AM) Reply
Soooooooooooooo very pretty! You know, I bought this pattern, knowing full well I would NEVER have a need for the corset OR the slip, but it's just so pretty, I couldn't resist. :o) I can't wait to see your finished project. I LOVE it so far!
SoVintage said... (6/2/10 9:42 PM) Reply
I agree Incredible! I have this in my stash somewhere....I can't wait to see it finished!
p1xie said... (6/2/10 11:07 AM) Reply
It doesn't look like underware at all so far. Wow I love how it's coming about and can't wait to see it finished.
RadarRadiance said... (6/2/10 10:43 AM) Reply
Very pretty! I also viewed this pattern thinking wouldn't it be a beautiful dress! Why not, so many of the other patterns look the same. It is beautiful with the red.
Auntie Allyn said... (6/2/10 10:06 AM) Reply
Love love LOVELY!
ryansmumAria said... (6/2/10 8:08 AM) Reply
omg! This is incredible!
psgates said... (6/2/10 8:05 AM) Reply
Lovely
arianamaniacs said... (6/2/10 4:37 AM) Reply
It's not like underwear at all. I was surprised when I looked at the pattern, which I also have. It's beautiful, what a great combo with the red.
Mazzygirl said... (6/2/10 4:04 AM) Reply
this is looking great so far, love the contrast of the red lace over white satin! Can't wait to see the finished result.

Maggie Paper Pattern