Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2648 (Misses & Miss Petite Dress: Am)

Reviewed by:Lynnelle

About Lynnellestarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/07

Best Patterns of 2010
Posted on:6/28/10 3:07 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 22 people
Therisa said... (7/3/10 2:40 AM) Reply
You've done a great job and now can use this as a base for your next plan! I'm ready to help but you seem like you won't need it, you're doing so well!
NicoleHR said... (6/29/10 10:53 AM) Reply
I have to read this review again and again it is so full of usefull information! Great Job Lynn, I would love to see the actual dress next time we sew. I am sad that I missed watching your process, darn baby taking up all my time! (Just Kidding, wouldn't trade her for the world).
Q Valley Mary said... (6/29/10 10:48 AM) Reply
Your dress is gorgeous! You put so much effort into getting a smooth fit, and it really paid off for you. I'm so happy you won a prize for it. (And you make me feel like a slouch because I only did one wearable muslin for mine.)
becca a said... (6/29/10 9:55 AM) Reply
Fantastic review! Your persistence paid off--you have a perfectly fitting dress, and you explained the process so well. The dress is beautiful!
Lynnelle said... (6/29/10 9:51 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for all of your comments. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I won a contest for the dress. =) I was just happy to have completed the dress in time for the trip. Winning second place in the contest was a wonderful surprise!
KathySews said... (6/29/10 9:04 AM) Reply
" I am going to sew this until I can't stand it anymore" So funny and true. Such a great review and dress.
Diane333 said... (6/29/10 8:11 AM) Reply
loved your review and dress
Danvillegirl said... (6/29/10 7:01 AM) Reply
Very flattering dress on you. A most thorough and helpful review.
sew2little said... (6/28/10 11:12 PM) Reply
Lynelle--great review of your even greater dress! Marci
HLT said... (6/28/10 10:41 PM) Reply
Ok. You look really great (hair included), like you're having fun! Excellent detailed review! I may start using this format...tweaked a bit to my liking. Sometimes I over look the details that would be very helpful to a new sewer. Kay Y, thanks for adding the info that modest Lynnelle omitted! LOL! Snoop shopping is so rewarding, isn't it? Absolutely fabulous!
donna mel said... (6/28/10 7:58 PM) Reply
I love your dress! It fits you beautifully. And you really did 'work it girl' at PR weekend in Montreal!!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (6/28/10 7:23 PM) Reply
Yup! Like Kay said, "This dress's a WINNER"!!
LorrieAnn said... (6/28/10 7:02 PM) Reply
You did a great job - both with the dress, and the very helpful and informative review. Your color combo looks very good on you, and you did so very well on the fit!
Melody said... (6/28/10 6:40 PM) Reply
What a great dress you made, I especially love the color blocking. Congrats on your prize and your ablilty to "get past that muslin". Rockin'!
Kay Y said... (6/28/10 5:15 PM) Reply
What Lynnelle modestly omits is that she won a prize for this well-fitting dress at PR Weekend Montreal! It's a beauty!
Terri A said... (6/28/10 4:47 PM) Reply
What a very complete review! Thanks!
RadarRadiance said... (6/28/10 4:22 PM) Reply
What a neat fit and great review. I have now added this number to my wish list. Love the dress and fit!
MNBarb said... (6/28/10 3:38 PM) Reply
This is a fabulous review. I feel like I sewed the dress with you. Great tenacity to finish this project with all of your fitting and changing. The dress is great and looks great on you. What a wonderful thing to have a sleeveless dress with no gaping, hanging or bunching. Lovely!
michellep74 said... (6/28/10 3:16 PM) Reply
Wow, this looks great on you! Perfect fit, and I love the color blocking!

by: EmeraldEri...