Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> V1027 (DKNY Donna Karan New York)

Reviewed by:caelamb

About caelamb
Member since: 12/9/09
Posted on:6/19/10 10:40 PM
Last Updated:6/20/10 9:09 AM

dingyadi said... (6/22/10 8:27 AM) Reply
Really pretty dress and great fabric choice - it is gorgeous
Laurie Lou said... (6/21/10 3:45 PM) Reply
ooh...thanks for reviewing this. I have this pattern also... and of all the wrapped dresses I'm particularly fond of this one. Interesting. Perhaps they redid the instructions.I'm intrigued...I'll check mine on the belt instructions. No matter how you do the tie...personal preference and how much fabric you have. :)
barebear said... (6/20/10 12:05 PM) Reply
Very good, thorough review. The dress looks like it turned out really nice, and I love your choice of fabric. :)
AuntieShel said... (6/20/10 11:16 AM) Reply
Not sure how you read the belt directions, but having made this dress, the directions clearly state that you "narrow hem" the tie ends (step 10) which makes the tie ends a hemmed single layer having a "right" and "wrong" side. Step 12 illustration shows the back band and tie ends folded "wrong sides together" in preparation for attaching to dress, which might give the impression that the band and tie ends show only the "right" side. However, step 13 illustration clearly shows the tie ends as a hemmed, single layer of fabric, thus "right" and "wrong" sides.
Elizabeth made this said... (6/20/10 8:41 AM) Reply
This is my favorite pattern ever, and I love the fabric that you've chosen for your version. I'm sure it looks just beautiful on you!
caelamb said... (6/20/10 8:16 AM) Reply
Thanks for the heads up on picture size! It was my first time uploading the picture.....will see what adjustments I can make!
manola6176 said... (6/20/10 2:59 AM) Reply
This sounds like a super dress, but is it me I can only see a very small picture. Shame
julie w said... (6/20/10 1:17 AM) Reply
I'm also short waisted so this is good to know. Looks like a great style to use as dresses, tunics and tops.
Aixoise said... (6/19/10 11:20 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the details about your construction process, especially letting the dress hang on the dress form overnight. Great idea. From the thumbnail, your fabric looks really pretty. Any way you could enlarge the photo? I'd like to see a larger version - on you. Thanks for a good review.

Christine Jonson Swirl Skirt & Ruffle Top