Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> V1121 (Misses' Dress and Belt)

Reviewed by:rmusic1

About rmusic1starstar
Member since: 7/3/10
Posted on:7/6/10 12:47 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
carnelian said... (7/6/10 10:23 PM) Reply
Your dress is wonderful and flattering. Brava for you aspiration to sew a garment with a well-fitting structure. Having once faced the possibility of postponing Christmas so I could rassel my Ralph Lauren tweed jacket into conclusively wearable form, my father and lover believing themselves incapable of launching the celebration unbidden, I know about the ordeal and the abidingly gratifying garment. I paused for Christmas, which was good, but I committed the error of shrinking from undertaking another tailored project for far too long, at no one's behest, because I undevalued what I had learned in the process. Don't.
Dmd4106 said... (7/6/10 8:30 PM) Reply
Great color! Beautiful fit! You did a wonderful job. Congrats for your first dress and posting. Wow!
nglalala said... (7/6/10 7:02 PM) Reply
Wonderful job on a first dress! My first dress didn't come out this well AND it didn't have so many seams. :)
Schnauzer said... (7/6/10 6:36 PM) Reply
What a lovely dress. Well done!
RLL said... (7/6/10 4:04 PM) Reply
Beautiful outcome. Glad you stuck with it, it was well worth it.
MNBarb said... (7/6/10 3:27 PM) Reply
Nice work. You chose a challenging project for a beginner but have learned much with all of the time involved. You now have a beautiful, red wool dress made to fit!
my horse said... (7/6/10 2:50 PM) Reply
With such a beautiful outcome you should make it again. You'll learn even more and the hard fitting part is done. My hat is off to you and your first dress!
Eyeadaba said... (7/6/10 2:43 PM) Reply
Wear this with pride because it looks great on you. I admire your persistance and the red coulour looks fabulous on you. Well done. Very impressive first dress!
mchick said... (7/6/10 2:08 PM) Reply
Well done! You look fantastic. Well worth the effort and slog!
Ann Smith said... (7/6/10 2:01 PM) Reply
Wow! What a project. I admire your spirit here in persevering with such a complex dress. Great job.
dwindy said... (7/6/10 1:50 PM) Reply
Good work
tr1c14 said... (7/6/10 1:06 PM) Reply
wow, congratulations! That is truly fabulous-looking.

Burda 7234