Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2796 (Issey Miyake)

Reviewed by:loti

About lotistarstarstar
FL USA
Member since: 5/27/04
Posted on:7/11/10 11:54 AM
Last Updated:7/11/10 9:02 PM

Nancy Rhodes said... (7/12/10 11:11 PM) Reply
OUT OF THE BALL PARK! THE CROWD IS ON THEIR FEET / / / POPCORN FLYING... BEER CANS IN THE AIR 3 ON BASE, HOME RUN SCORED THE MAX... just outstanding.. what more can i shout? PS great review...
loti said... (7/12/10 3:37 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone! Dorothy, the jacket is a copy of an old jacket i had in my wardrobe. The review is on PR.
Jane S said... (7/12/10 1:32 PM) Reply
Wonderful details that make this go from plain to so chic.
DorothyK said... (7/12/10 1:12 PM) Reply
This is one of those patterns that, at first sight, doesn't look that special until you look at the details. The way you put it together really makes the piece. I love the way it looks under the jacket. I have made the skirt in this pattern; now I'm inspired to make the top. Thanks for your excellent review. What pattern is the jacket?
loti said... (7/12/10 11:50 AM) Reply
Thanks Fran, I did make the jacket you'll find the review under my profile. I have not made the skirt yet.... I've actually run out of the jersey I had for the outfit, but I'll give it a try when I get more jersey in. The skirt was the reason I bought the pattern, but I need t-shirts more right now.
Fran G said... (7/12/10 7:02 AM) Reply
I have seen this top before but yours is the most chic and interesting by far! Your choice of hem and neckline trim..swiss dotted cotton...makes this top special. Your styling of the top is first rate..love the jacket and top together. Did you make the jacket? I do have this pattern and many have raved about the skirt..have you tried that,too?
lamstu said... (7/11/10 8:02 PM) Reply
This looks very interesting. Really good review, thanks for all the tips for success. I can't imagine this hem finish, maybe you could post a photo?
frame said... (7/11/10 2:33 PM) Reply
That is a really cute top. I like your lace details.

Contest Travel Wardrobe Contest