Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2601 (Misses Blouses)

Reviewed by:andread

About andreadstarstar
AZ USA
Member since: 1/30/06
Posted on:7/11/10 5:19 PM

Halls said... (2/20/11 9:39 AM) Reply
Love the fabric/button/piping choices - looks like an Ann Taylor Loft blouse- very well constructed- beautiful
nicegirl said... (7/12/10 6:01 PM) Reply
I was so surprised to see your rating because this is just stinking adorable!!! Hopefully you will come to love it when you forget how annoying it was to make.
ibbizy said... (7/11/10 8:15 PM) Reply
Very cute top!!! I have this patten and hope it turns out a cute as yours.
MNBarb said... (7/11/10 7:22 PM) Reply
I love this blouse. It's funny when you see a pattern that would have caused you to turn the page in the catalog made up and it's really cute. Wow! you put a lot of work into it. Sometimes I need to sleep on a project and I either change it the next day or like it better.
Barbara V said... (7/11/10 6:40 PM) Reply
Oh goodness....sorry that it gave you so many problems, but it looks beautiful. Choice of print with piping and style look fabulous!
andread said... (7/11/10 6:24 PM) Reply
Thank you all for the encouragement and positivity! I hope that you're right--that I'll be able to forget the difficulties of making it and really enjoy it. Thanks!
carolynw said... (7/11/10 6:19 PM) Reply
I was so surprised to see "did not work for me" because soon as I saw the photo I thought "Oh my - this is very nice". You obviously spent a great deal of time on this blouse so I really hope you will learn to love it - looks beautiful
LisaRM said... (7/11/10 6:07 PM) Reply
This is a real cute blouse. Looks great!
quixoticpixels said... (7/11/10 6:07 PM) Reply
I think it looks lovely!
jso4fun said... (7/11/10 6:06 PM) Reply
I agree. This looks really great! I bet if you hadn't had so much trouble with it you'd really like it. Maybe you'll like it better if you put it away and then come back to it, when the memory of the frustration has faded a bit? It really is a very nice-looking blouse! The fabric is fabulous and you did such a good job on the piping. Very cute!
Puppy said... (7/11/10 6:02 PM) Reply
Oh, I'm sure I will just be one of many who will want to say that hopefully you'll be able to "forget" the headaches you experienced while making this top, because it's really VERY CUTE!!! The fabric is very "fetching" and the piping is a great touch too. Very high style retail, IMHO.

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2012-117