Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1182 (Misses' Dress)

Work in Progress Work in Progress
Reviewed by:Fictionfan

About Fictionfanstar
VT United States
Member since: 5/19/06
Posted on:7/12/10 6:54 PM
Last Updated:11/27/10 6:27 PM

lamstu said... (11/28/10 7:42 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress in a beautiful color. (Wrinkles are part of life for those of us without staff to steam us as we walk down the red carpet!) What a great review too; the process is always fascinating. I've been such a laggard lately, taking a full week for even simple projects (but I'm a SAHM with kids in elementary and a maid, so now excuses). I can't believe that you sew before work! You must really love it.
becca a said... (11/27/10 11:40 PM) Reply
What a beautiful dress! The color is fabulous. Thanks for the very helpful explanation of the front lining. I will reread this review before I get started on this dress.
Re Becca said... (11/23/10 1:32 PM) Reply
That is amazing work, esp. for the accelerated time period! I will make a note about your zipper fix, I have done that myself and had to rip the entire thing out.
Kay Y said... (7/18/10 3:48 PM) Reply
Very pretty! It really is a gorgeous pattern, if you can stand the job of lining it!
Robin Denning said... (7/17/10 10:03 PM) Reply
wonderful review and the dress is beautiful. I am amazed that you can sew through the night like that. I get too tired after about 9pm. Beautiful work!!
Athene said... (7/17/10 8:04 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress - as for the wrinkling - well that is the price we pay - I love silk wrinkles and all.
Deepika said... (7/16/10 3:48 PM) Reply
Lovely dress and a very insightful review. Thanks for taking the time to share with us.
mchick said... (7/16/10 2:38 PM) Reply
A really lovely dress! I have read the other reviews, and it looks like a must make to me. Very flattering, and isn't that what we all want. A truly beautiful dress on you.

by: ElleL

SewBaby Clutter Catchers Pattern

SewBaby Clutter Catchers Pattern

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)