Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2599 (Misses Tops With Trim Variatio)

Reviewed by:Holly

About Hollystar
Member since: 6/17/06

Best Patterns of 2010
Posted on:7/13/10 11:42 AM

Sweater knit fabrics

Holly said... (7/15/10 9:43 AM) Reply
Thank you everyone for the nice comments and suggestions! Despite my husband's opinion, I think it is fine for a summer top. I'm not trying to look sexy/young.
ChristmasHills said... (7/14/10 8:12 PM) Reply
I like it as is too. I don't think it looks matronly at all. Anyway fashions are changing and the loose flowy look is coming back into style. Thank goodness as I am tired of seeing midriffs and more poking out of clothing.
AuntieShel said... (7/14/10 11:38 AM) Reply
Maybe I'm showing my own age, but I have looked at your pic over and over again, and all I see is cute, summery, and cool!! And please trust me, I have a thing about matronly and try to avoid at all costs (try being the operative word here!) I think husbands should just own their opinion without getting all huffy about it! :)
Levone said... (7/14/10 11:21 AM) Reply
I actually like it, looks like a nice cool summer top. I'm getting ready to make up a Kwik Sew that will probably have a similiar silohette, so I am thinking adding a self fabric belt to it will back it not look like a sack. I think your version looks fine though.
HLT said... (7/13/10 10:38 PM) Reply
Cute top. Your fabric looks like Liberty of London. Nice! Yea! Congratulations on your 1st review!
julie w said... (7/13/10 7:18 PM) Reply
I agree cute top!
DD in DFW said... (7/13/10 3:47 PM) Reply
I have the same fabric and love it in this pattern on you. Looks like a great cool top for the hot weather.
MNBarb said... (7/13/10 12:44 PM) Reply
I like it. I agree with the comment on your blog that you could leave it untucked and find a cute loos belt to wear with it if you're not entirely pleased with the look.
Elemenopeo said... (7/13/10 12:05 PM) Reply