Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2414 (Misses Skirt)

Reviewed by:sewsunny37

See other patterns in this category: Pants    Skirts

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

sewsunny37 said... (7/25/10 1:06 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for your comments and suggestions! I'm going to refer to the sizing and ease charts you posted, Annette, next time I make a garment for myself. I really appreciate all the advice here on PR and am so happy to have found this generous, talented community!
frame said... (7/23/10 3:09 PM) Reply
I agree with Annette1, these look very nice on you. Congrats on making your first pants/shorts!
Annette1 said... (7/23/10 1:08 AM) Reply
These are CUTE! They don't look too big at all to me, and they fit so nicely, especially for your very first pair. I was just looking on Vogue Patterns and found a couple of links for you. This first one tells about measuring and which measurement to go by for certain garments: http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/how-to-choose-your-correct-size-pages-339.php Then this one is an ease chart: http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/ease-chart-pages-347.php What I usually do is, instead of going by the size, I go by the actual pattern measurements printed on the pattern piece (or sometimes on the back of the pattern envelope) at, say, the hip, and figure in how much ease I want, and that's the size I pick. Another thing you can do is measure a garment that you like, then duplicate those measurements in whatever you're making. :o)

Petite Plus Patterns Easy Wrap Dress