Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4347 (Knit tops)

Reviewed by:Annette1

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:8/3/10 1:35 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
4u2cme said... (1/9/12 9:30 AM) Reply
This top is fabulous on you. I have this pattern in my stash just waiting to be sewn up. The color is very pleasing on you. Thanks for a great review.
Elemenopeo said... (11/10/10 8:58 AM) Reply
Just pulled this pattern out to see what others have done with it. Your review gives me a great idea for a novelty knit in stash that I had no clue how to use. Thanks for the hem tips. I love your version!
KathySews said... (8/9/10 7:58 PM) Reply
another fabulous top....an no FBA? This is on my list for winter
Aunt Gail said... (8/8/10 2:02 AM) Reply
Thank heavens I do tend to follow you on your reviews--I think our body sizes are similar but you are def the better and more prolific sewer! Love that Red on you and TY 4 the review. I keep pulling this pattern out but I just keep looking @ it. U motivate me to sew it up!
cmarie12 said... (8/4/10 9:15 PM) Reply
What a great top! I love the color you choose for it and wouldn't have imagined that pattern would produce such a wonderful result!
sfjmrope said... (8/4/10 11:24 AM) Reply
I like this top pattern too! Made it in black knit with contrasting floral knit for collar and added cuffs. Using it for a horse show shirt and added stones to accent the collar and cuffs! Also rounded the bottom hem like you did!
1SewSweet said... (8/4/10 6:15 AM) Reply
WOW I love this color on you and what beautiful fabric!!! I have this pattern too and really like it. I made view D too but will alter the pattern next time because I didn't like the way the back neckline lay loosely over the back of your neck. (it's not attached to the back!) Now after seeing your version I will try it again for my fall line up. Beautiful top and thanks for the inspiration!
Heatherrique said... (8/4/10 1:37 AM) Reply
You are DAZZLING in this, Annette! I like the collar either way. I adore you in this color!
Meggie LuLu said... (8/3/10 5:53 PM) Reply
This is sooo pretty!! I especially love the collar!! This top looks beautiful on you!! =)
Rhonda in Montreal said... (8/3/10 4:14 PM) Reply
Everyone already SAID everything ;) :(... I SECOND the motion!! ;)
Athene said... (8/3/10 4:14 PM) Reply
A great top and you look so good in red.
Sweetiebop said... (8/3/10 2:49 PM) Reply
Annette, I love this top. This color is a winner on you but I think you know this. Make view D too, just to make Mom smile.
RLL said... (8/3/10 2:09 PM) Reply
What's not to like from something that looks that good???
eugenia123 said... (8/3/10 1:32 PM) Reply
That shade of red is delicious and quite perfect for you! I love this style What I especially like about this is that, although it is a knit top, it looks very smart and elegant and could be worn with the right skirt and accessories to look very dressed up. Or, or course, with a pair of jeans, it makes a stunning looking go anywhere kind of top! You've got me wanting this pattern now!
Catbird said... (8/3/10 11:52 AM) Reply
What wonderful, wonderful fabric and what a perfect style to show it off. I just love it, and that pin goes so well with it! I'm a fan of turned-up collars, so I like the shot of this with the collar turned up and the pin keeping things together and looking just perfect. Another beautiful job! I hope you find the pattern so you can make millions of these for yourself.
Karendee said... (8/3/10 11:21 AM) Reply
My main question is," How many positive reviews does one need to receive 5 stars?" I ask this in seriousness, for I always want to be the one that rolls your 4 stars over to five. Perhaps you need tons. LOL! Anyway, this red wool knit top is a 5 star garment to me. The red is perfect on you and the pattern /fabric/workmanship/and model are perfect!!! You can't do better than this top. This busty little number needs to join you and sfshaza in making this pattern up. Shams will have it made before I buy it. LOL.
persevering said... (8/3/10 9:44 AM) Reply
Fabulous top on you!
Grammy Gin said... (8/3/10 9:43 AM) Reply
Gorgeous!! Great review as usual....I would never expect less from you, ever!!
Barbara V said... (8/3/10 9:37 AM) Reply
Very pretty fabric, color and pattern. You look lovely in it and wear red well. The collar close-up shot reveals the beauty of the fabric. Hm....I'm going to follow your link to Denver Fabrics!
Mahler said... (8/3/10 9:37 AM) Reply
What a great red top ! I hope you find your pattern so that you can make it again ;-)
Christas said... (8/3/10 9:32 AM) Reply
Red is definitely YOUR color and your mom was so RIGHT that this style looks great on a "busty little number" ! Your reviews always make me smile and I always learn something new. I like the top all three ways - so nice to have such cute options!
Elizabeth made this said... (8/3/10 8:22 AM) Reply
It's so flattering! I admire your resolve to sew winter clothes in the dead heat of summer!
carolynw said... (8/3/10 8:20 AM) Reply
WOW!! You were born to wear red - gorgeous top on you
AnneMarie60 said... (8/3/10 8:08 AM) Reply
Love the color and texture of your knit fabric. The collar looks great turned up or down. The fit is perfect. BTW, I am relieved to hear that other people also lose things in their sewing rooms!
HeyJane said... (8/3/10 7:52 AM) Reply
Beautiful! What a great choice of fabric, too.
Rebecca D said... (8/3/10 6:40 AM) Reply
Love you in that red - another great-looking top.
Terri A said... (8/3/10 3:10 AM) Reply
Very very fabulous!
FreyaStark said... (8/3/10 2:34 AM) Reply
A fabulous top - it looks great on you. Looks like a useful pattern.
sfshaza said... (8/3/10 2:14 AM) Reply
Love this top! I'm a busty little number too, so I love to see what works on you. I'm going to buy this pattern. :D

StyleArc Tamara Knit Top