Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2422 (Misses Sportswear)

Reviewed by:Sewlful

About Sewlfulstarstar
Member since: 3/19/10
Posted on:8/3/10 8:04 AM
Last Updated:8/3/10 8:08 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Coordinates    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants    Skirts

Sweater knit fabrics

Sewlful said... (8/6/10 0:37 AM) Reply
to 1SewSweet: I bought it at Hanckock's. I watched it until it went on sale. I agree, the fabric is too thin which is why I knew I needed to line it if I used it. But I have to wear suits (or jackets) at least and it's so hot, I was determined to try and create some short sleeve alternatives. So, when I looked through my pattern stash and saw this one I thought it was the right one. But it wasn't lined. Thus, that's how I got to the decision to line an unlined suit. I like the results and I get to wear something I consider a classic fabric.
1SewSweet said... (8/4/10 6:21 AM) Reply
Great work on this suit! I love the color it looks really nice on you too! I have never made anything in seersucker but really want to! Where did you get your fabric? All of the seersucker I've seen in JoAnn and Hancock tends to be a little too thin for a jacket or skirt.
coolobreeze said... (8/4/10 6:17 AM) Reply
I really like this suit. Looks great.
ingysoup said... (8/3/10 4:47 PM) Reply
I LOVE seersucker (just bought some in brown for shorts) and especially the red!!!! I love this jacket on you! Lining? You really are on a roll. Love it!
knitmachinequeen said... (8/3/10 2:54 PM) Reply
I really love the jacket. Will probably have to add it to my stash.
Annette1 said... (8/3/10 1:51 PM) Reply
Another beautiful outfit. You're on a roll! Nice job adding that lining, too. :o)
RLL said... (8/3/10 12:03 PM) Reply
What a wonderful stylish suit. Isn't it great that you can make just what you want when you sew and not have to wait for RTW to figure it out.
persevering said... (8/3/10 9:29 AM) Reply
Congratulations! Looks like your pretty suit fits very well. So glad to read that your sewing accomplishments are motivating you to do more.
Susan Dryer said... (8/3/10 8:32 AM) Reply
Lovely choice of fabric and pattern. You did a great job. You look beautiful in your suit. . .very professional!

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns