Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2447 (Choice of tankinis)

Reviewed by:donna mel

About donna melstar
Member since: 3/7/08
Posted on:8/6/10 11:25 AM
See other patterns in this category: Swimwear
LotusMonkey said... (4/2/13 11:26 PM) Reply
Thank you sooooooo much for taking pics so I could see how the suit ends up with mods for your torso length (I have the opposite: child-length torso! /:-(
Deepika said... (8/9/10 5:21 PM) Reply
I love the ruffle! The bathing suit is fabulous. I can see you'll be cranking many more of these now. Super review too.
donna mel said... (8/8/10 4:26 PM) Reply
cindyann, are you wondering if i altered the upper front before or after it was cut out? i altered it after i cut it out, creating a seam in the center of the upper front. i cut out the 2 triangles, then sewed them together about an inch in, after i cut them out. see the photo at the CUPS clickable link, and you can see my seam.
cindyann said... (8/8/10 1:29 PM) Reply
Donna, I was so inspired by your review I've decided to make another one for my upcoming vacation. I noticed your cups are attached to each other. I really like that and was wondering if you made this adjustment to the pattern before you cut it out. TIA
CynthiaSue said... (8/8/10 0:31 AM) Reply
no way!!! totally awesome. going to website now to purchase!!!
donna mel said... (8/7/10 10:32 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the nice comments!! okie2thdoc - no, i haven't tried any other bathing suit patterns. now that i've got this one figured out, i'll stick with it!
cindyann said... (8/7/10 11:27 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I've made this suit before and love it but the ruffle is a very cute addition!
becca a said... (8/7/10 11:14 AM) Reply
Great bathing suit! It looks great on. I love the ruffle detail.
ryansmumAria said... (8/7/10 9:49 AM) Reply
oh my I absolutely love the ruffles. Just wonderful and inspiring.
BrianSews said... (8/7/10 8:58 AM) Reply
That looks awesome! I'm super glad you were able to use that fabric for muslins. It makes a huge difference being able to practice on actual lycra when you're trying to fit that perfect suit. Love those ruffles!
Diane333 said... (8/7/10 8:55 AM) Reply
Very nicely done. It looks great on.
doctorsirena said... (8/7/10 7:26 AM) Reply
Super cute - LOVE the ruffle! I might steal your idea and use this ruffle technique on a plain T-shirt. Enjoy your vacation!
treefrog said... (8/6/10 7:10 PM) Reply
Great work! Thanks for the review. It is very timely for me as I've been thinking of buying this pattern but a little chicken to actually try sewing swimwear. I'll have to take your advice and "do it"!
JEF said... (8/6/10 5:09 PM) Reply
Very cute suit! It looks great on you.
Nessa09 said... (8/6/10 3:27 PM) Reply
Beautiful swimsuit! The ruffle adds a nice touch!
o3b said... (8/6/10 2:40 PM) Reply
Your suit is great! Good idea with the ruffle.
BeckyNoSleep said... (8/6/10 1:37 PM) Reply
love it, very nice job and thanks for your bravery in modeling your suit. Ruffles are a great addition to the suit, one of my favorite RTW one-pieces had a similar neckline with ruffle.
Noeysmommy said... (8/6/10 12:16 PM) Reply
Cute suit! Looks great on you!
Elke said... (8/6/10 11:50 AM) Reply
Love the ruffle! Very cute swimsuit...great review!
Sue Anfang said... (8/6/10 11:32 AM) Reply
Very nice! thanks for the review!
okie2thdoc said... (8/6/10 11:29 AM) Reply
You're giving me the confidence I need to make one. I lost my last swimsuit- don't know how and now need another one that fits. Love the ruffle too. Have you or are you going to try any other patterns?

by: slmstyle